Would You Pay To Watch New Movies At Home?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Dame6089 • Jun 21, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    For only one move, I wouldn't pay. If I can pay a monthly fee to watch several movies throughout a period of time then I'd spend 15 dollars a month. If it's a single movie, I'd probably pay 5 dollars but in that case, I might prefer to buy the DVD later on.

2. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    We always seem to be obsessed with the new. The media is in part to blame--how often do you see contemporary reviews of older films (or, for that matter, books)? A person who wants to find out about older films has to go looking. Not too far these days, granted, but finding a site like They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? isn't something that's going to happen by random chance, whereas anyone with television service is going to be bombarded with commercials for new movies.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Don't they already offer pay per view for new(ish) movies with some cable or satellite subscriptions? I'm not sure how much each movies costs to view, but I know it's not $50. For that amount, I might as well go to the theater to watch it.

I'd pay a subscription fee for newer movies, if I could do it without being forced to buy the whole cable or satellite TV package. It wouldn't be close to fifty bucks though. In fact, it would have to be a really good deal, since I'm already pretty content with the stuff I can find on Netflix, Amazon, etc. as well as the various stations that allow you to watch their shows online.

4. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    No i won't.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We used to rent movies before when downloading isn't that popular yet. But right now, I probably just wait for the movies that we want to watch in streaming sites since it's just for entertainment and instead of spending money with this, I can just use it with more important things than movies in my opinion.

6. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    No, if I'm paying for a movie it's for going to the cinema. It's way better to buy tickets for a cinema then buying the movie online so you can watch it. And if they aren't showing it on the cinema, in my country we usually pirate stuff because everything is so expensive for us.

7. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    If I love a movie, I'll pay for the movie to support the author, even though I've already watched it. I will never pay to watch a new movie at home unless it is a new episode :p
    Anyway I think going to cinema is still better since I won't have to deal with my annoying mom.

8. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely pay to watch new movies at home provided it is the movie I am waiting regularly and it costs less than what I would normally pay at the theater or less than the cost of a DVD. Having said that I love to watch a new movie at the theater instead of watching at home.

9. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I order movies all the time though Comcast/Xfinity, but I must admit they're not new movies.

I'm one of those boring, old-fashioned gals that enjoy watching the same old movies I've known from back in the day. I rarely order a new movie, but instead look for the older ones and see if they are available for free. If not, sometimes I will pay the $2.99 to rent it for 48 hrs. But as for new movies, I probably wouldn't be willing to pay anything, not even monthly...because I don't watch them. If they happen to show up on HBO or Showtime or something, I might give a new movie a chance if I'm really bored, but I still like the oldies much better. ;)

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. :)

I paid for my package offered by cable or internet, but not for rent movies (I consider this a "waste of money").

I prefer to wait until the schedule is updated, so I don't have to pay any extra money to watch any movies. :p

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely pay to see new movies at home because sometimes I am just too busy (or not that interested haha) to go to the movies. I recall for example the last Star Wars movies that I missed, I would have bought it and watched it with my kids, it would be a great afternoon in family. :)