Would You Rather ‘Live as an Unwanted Burden’ or ‘Never Experience Life in the First Place?’

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mythman • Aug 3, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's the first question that comes to mind when I hear people argue against abortion---are they saying that life in Hell-on-Earth is better than a peaceful non-existence?

As far as most people know, I'm just another mouth to feed. I know this, because I'm the one who has to feed me! Oh, I HOPE that I (my friendship, my comforting words, my advice) are worth the trouble it takes to keep me alive---a hope th's impossible to reach if I'm NOT well-fed. But if my mom weighed costs by money-alone (as many young adults today are encouraged to do), I would've been aborted a long time ago!

Thank God she's NOT such a bean-counter! In fact, the message of the sermon in church today was that God DOESN'T COUNT THE COST when He gives to us!

So Christians are asked to follow His example (especially when the collection-plate comes around, am I right? :rolleyes: ) But reality demands that we live according to the powers given us; and if He doesn't faithfully provide the proper amount of 'spending-power' (AKA money), then His commandments (i.e. 'Thou shalt observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy to God') play second-fiddle to Your Employers' demands (i.e. '... But Boss says to be clocked-in on Saturday, elsewise I'll be out lookin` for work on Monday!').

Maybe that's a strange lens to use to focus on the question, but please-do 'focus on the question': would you rather be a burden all your life or be spared the shackles of mortal existence?