Would you rather be too hot or too cold?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by cheesecake • Sep 30, 2012.

1. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather be in between.I'm not too big on being too hot and I hate being too cold. I would rather be warm that way I can be comfortable. My favorite seasons are spring and fall because the weather is just right. It's not too hot and it's not too cold.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    God, I hate both! But I guess I prefer too cold.... living in Brazil, trust me when I say I know what too hot feels like! And it's not pretty! At least when you are too cold you don't smell bad and sweat your brains out.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    While it is true one can get warmer faster than they can cooler, I am no so sure that gives way to the actual question: What is your preference? I would prefer being cold because I find hot massively uncomfortable (unless in the shower). I do like building up a sweat when I have done nothing to build up that sweat. Terrible.

4. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I would take the heat any day. Cold hurts! At least when it is hot, you can take everything off and get in some water to cool off. But when it is cold, I feel like I can't get enough on to warm up!

5. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    If I had a choice I think I would rather be hot. I'll use the summer time season for an example. I love the heat in the summer. Swimming, sunbathing etc. is a must for me. If I became way too hot I always cool off in the water, sit under a huge tree and enjoy the breeze or of course cool off under an air conditioner.

6. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    Too hot or too cold

I can sweat all day and be able to deal with it, but I can't stand to be cold!

7. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to be too cold. This way I can easily manage how warm I am with the number of layers I have on. I can lose a layer if I feel it is too much or I can add a layer if it is too cold. Unfortunately, I now live in an area where sweater weather is almost non-existent. It's always sunny where I am and I love it.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that has "too" in the beginning is bound to be bad news. But I have to say I'd rather go too cold. At least if it's too cold you can do something to warm you up and you do feel some warmth right before you die while if it's too hot you feel a lot of pain first.

9. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    Just like the majority, I'd rather be too cold. And you are right to say that, it will be easier to solve too cold because you can put on as many clothes as you can have. Unlike when it's too hot, AC's will make my electric bill so high and you will find it real hard to get out of the house. Hot temperature also makes my mood so hot that I can easily get hot-headed. Cold temperature if bearable is nice to skin unlike when it's too hot. If I also feel so hot, I don't want that sweat is all over my body. It's so disgusting.

10. Frendminge

FrendmingeNew Member

Threads:
    I too will enjoy being a too cold guy. Lots of benefits and less of hassle.

11. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I'd go for too cold since you can at least at some extent control it because you can just light a fire or have a lot of blankets and jackets layered on but when it comes to major heat, it's either the ice you put to cool you off will melt in minutes or the water your soaking yourself with evaporates.

12. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    I hate being cold. I mean really, really hate it. And I have moved North:( But my friend promises to drive if there is snow or ice because I don't drive in snow or ice. I have gotten so cold before that I could not get warm for hours. I can't say I love being too hot either, but I can just go to the beach or the pool, either of which I love! And there is air conditioning (Thank you Mr. Carrier).

13. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I would definitely prefer to be too cold rather than too hot. There's no way to get cooler when the temperature is hot and there's no electric appliances helping you out. When you're cold you can grab a blanket, a girl, anything, and you can warm yourself up.

14. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    Being too cold or being too hot are both super uncomfortable. If you are too cold, your skin starts too crack, and it really hurts. However, being too hot makes me sweat a lot and leaves me a burning sensation. I think being too hot is better though, since it doesn't hurt. It may be uncomfortable, but it is better than constantly hurting.

15. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I'd prefer to be too cold. I've spent all of my life in a country where the average temp is always around 35 degree celsius. So I've kinda started hating the heat. So yeah, I prefer to be cold. :)

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather be too hot, because it is more comfortable to wear a tank top and shorts than several layers of clothing. I can move around in extreme heat and still get things accomplished, but when it's too cold, I stay huddled under the blankets and can't move around too much. Being too cold affects my productivity because I can't even bear to sit at my desk and work when I'm too cold.
    I waste more time when I'm too cold.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. Plus I don't like sweaters and just aren't fond of winter clothing in general. I'm not a clothes person anyway but I can find summer clothes appealing somehow.
    I always hated the cold. I do think it's better to work in the heat than cold because when you're cold you have a tendency to want to cuddle up and go to sleep.