Would you rather workout for the fun or for the results?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by dieselfit • Dec 12, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong, but I think most of us would enjoy exercise more if we used it more often. We just feel good after a hard workout. The reason for feeling good is the endorphin's that's being released, causing us to smile for basically no reason. You could be very stressed before a workout but after you would almost forget about what was stressing you. On the other hand, some people would just prefer to skip the workout and jump to the results as if it was like magic. There is no sort of magic route in this world although many people would invest in pills, surgeries and whatever it takes to get what they want without doing the work.

What do you think?

I'm sure you wouldn't want to do the workout but when you really know what it's about, you'll be looking forward to every single workout!

2. wwalford

wwalfordNew Member

Threads:
    For me it is the health side. Not for fun or for results. But As you have said you feel good afterwards so you enjoy it, and then the results come anyway. i don't think I can go to gym purely to get a six pack then I would just stay in bed in the morning.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Perhaps my answer sounds so simple, but I think the ideal is to achieve a balance. In my case, I exercise to clear my mind and find a time of day when I can enjoy the outdoors. Of course the health benefits and my aesthetic begin to emerge throughout the workout, but I privilege the fun and good times happened while I get to exercise my body. I think that's key to not discontinue the activity, in that way the results will come alone. :eek:

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like too work out for two reasons one is because i'm trying to lose my belly fat I hate it, it disgust me I want it gone I want my pre baby body back flat stomach lol. And the other reason is because I like it, it makes me feel good makes me feel energized and it also helps me release a lot of stress.

5. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I've never had much luck with feeling good or pumped or jazzed after a workout. That maybe the reason I tend not to workout most of the time. Yes, I truly could use it, just for aerobic and health reasons, but I beat fat a long time ago. When I did workout it was 100% result driven and the results would encourage me to continue on. When I hit my target weight, and I've been there for a good three years now, I slowly worked out less and less. I recently tried to start back up, but just lacked the enthusiasm.

6. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely for the results. But as you begin to love working out (genuinely), it will become a fun adventure for you. Once you get hooked, it's no turning back!

7. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It is a bit of both with me. 70% results, 30% for fun.

I do enjoy going to the gym, but the reason I am going is to work for results.

8. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    The work really is the greatest reward. And the feeling of achieving the target really makes it a fun way to keep going further and further! I personally love the work, the fun and the results. Everything just adds up but I do find that if I am out of the rhythm, it is much harder to get back into the habit until I really just start again.

Interesting, maybe I could help you with the feeling good. When you're working out, do you go with a friend or do you see people that would distract you from your workout? I find a workout to be much harder when I am chatting up as this kills the time and the focus.

#8Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  9. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsuNew Member

Threads:
    I workout to get stronger, better conditioned, and more skilled. When those results did not come (such as at a plateau), I still keep at it until improvements do come. But I also enjoy my workouts, although there are times I have to psych myself up and push through not wanting to get going.
    But no, I would not take a shortcut if there was one, because working for something makes achieving it so much better.

10. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Excellent, that's how fitness should be about, getting better than you once were. Sometimes when results don't come, and plateau's hit you hard, a break could be just what you need. I'd much prefer to have workouts where I know I can go really hard instead of the ones where I think I can go really hard but I don't. It gets annoying and it really messes with the mindset with the questions of "Am I getting weaker, what's going on here I really thought I could do this". That being said, when you fail in fitness, you succeed. Unless you don't get back up!

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just do so to maintain my weight and health. I'm not too into lifting weights, but I admit it is enjoyable and I do lift every now and then just to change it up. However, I usually just go out running or swimming for my workouts, the latter being my favorite. I love swimming because I feel like it is a complete workout and I always feel my workout is complete whenever I finish swimming, not to mention I don't have to take as long focusing on each limb because I pretty much use everything in the span of an hour or two.

12. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I think both are important. On one hand you don't want to not have goals for yourself and not achieve anything and not put in hard work and effort, but on the other hand, you have to enjoy what you do. They're both important, you have to remember that, yes, your goals are there, but you can enjoy what you're doing too.

13. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like to work out for both reason I like to have fun cause I use my zumba DVD to have fun at the same time determine to reach my goal in burning fat and trimming my waist, I think it important to have fun and enjoy yourself when exercising cause ti keeps your mind relaxed and keeps your determine, the more fun you have the more you want to work out.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I work out for the results. If I simply wanted to work out just for fun, then I would just grab a copy of Wii Fit, plop it into my Wii, and do some exercises in front of the TV. But that wouldn't amount to anything. I want to see results. I want to have nice muscles. I want to be really fit and healthy. And that's the reason why I work out. It's not for fun. It's for my health. Fun is just secondary.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to weight, I'd say real food is the magic bullet you skip the work outs for lol. Working out is for the joints, muscles etc etc. It's for many things, but leave it to food to take care of your weight. I don't like working out.. it's a stress on the body, no matter how much some people like it and I don't like being uncomfortable getting certain benefits I could get in other ways. Everyone needs exercise of some sort for your overall health.. but gyms are unnecessary. If you enjoy it though, that's great! We should all do more of what makes us happy.

16. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I hate working out but I work out everyday because I want to stay healthy and look good. Because I want to see the results of my working out my mind pushes me to do it everyday. This is the reason why I only stay fit instead of going bulky.

17. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I just recently got very much into doing yoga. After losing my health insurance, I started looking for natural options to treat or at least help keep my anxiety and depression under control.

I tried hypnosis for a while with no success. Then, I tried yoga, which I am very glad I did. I am happier and more in shape. I have a tight little tummy, but that is not the greatest thing. The overall change in my mood is what amazes me the most.

So yes, I agree that it is not only the physical results that are good, but also the way exercising helps with your overall mood is also very good.

18. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly what you're doing now is probably the best thing you could do for yourself. Hypnosis and all that is good but the body needs to be worked in one way or another. There's no better way to do it than Yoga. I am a bodybuilder but I still love to get a balance of exercise with Yoga, pure cardio and boxing. I like to look and actually be strong. I want to be how I look so I'm not just walking around with a body that's built and is actually useless lol. There's no better insurance than pure fitness and physical activity to strengthen and protect the body!

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only workout I have fun with is dancing! I have been running now, and I love it,but it's not fun at first. After I finish I get a rush out of it, but during it's so hard. I would say I'm not a workout junkie and I do it solely because of the results I get from it. I put in my head I want to lose 20 pounds and working out is a must for that.... but it's not any fun for me!!

20. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Both, when I work out hard I enjoy it. If you don't enjoy something you really need to think about why exactly you're doing it in the first place. The 2 go together perfectly, if you're not enjoying the work out you probably won't get good results.