Would you rather workout for the fun or for the results?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by dieselfit • Dec 12, 2013.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to workout for both fun and being healthy because it gives me a chance to stay healthy that way. I don't exercise much, therefore, workout seems to be the only option for me to get my body going. It also helps me to burn away the fat and sugar level, which is quite a very nice exercise I would go for when I have a chance. I sometimes do it for fun because I just feel like have good times working out at the gym.

2. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    There's nothing better than a hard but rewarding workout that leaves you feeling healthier and happier. I agree with you, and it does help burn away fat. It also helps stablize blood sugar. But there's so much more than that. I mean imagine if we didn't exercise and we depended on technology to get us around, we would have short life spans and probably wouldn't have enough doctors to take care of all our problems. It does feel quite good to exercise and it does lead to fun times!

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    For me it always been a mix of both. If you have friends that are willing to get together and make some exercise, while trying to achieve a healthier style of life, it's much easier to reach your goals and help others with theirs. Me and my friends used to have goals to reach by the end of the month, and for those who didn't reach them, they would have to pay for dinner that night. Good times!

4. Halarni

HalarniBanned

Threads:
    I love to work out and stay fit, for the results yes but also love the social aspect of going to the gym and having a chat with the girls while I train. so I guess my answer is both aswell :D

5. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I find that it's much easier to reach my goals without friends. As cheesy as that sounds its true because people who are my friends would only go to the gym once in a blue moon and when it comes to training, I take it very seriously. I don't mind helping other people but when it comes to chatting about the weekend, it can get pretty lengthy. So I do prefer going alone, unless I really do find some friends that are as dedicated as I am in the gym.

6. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Isn't that a health benefit itself? Feeling good and looking better is part of the result and process. Once you're finished a workout, you'll notice a surge of good feelings going through the roof. It's the endorphin's that's being released from exercise. And looking good is the result of taking care of yourself, which is a health benefit. So basically both of these points you bring up are health benefits of working out. We can't really look good without being healthy!

7. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    For me it a no brainer. I work out for results and results only. There is nothing fun about working out, so therefore I would never workout for fun. Working out burns and hurts sometimes, it is also time consuming and unpredictable at times.

8. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I workout for my health so I would definitely say it's the results for me. I do it to keep myself healthy and to lose weight. Once I start working out, I get wrapped up in it and often forget that I'm exercising because the time will fly by.

9. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I would say both. I don't really think working out is fun but it makes me feel good. I don't really work out very hard, I mostly just go for walks, but it still makes me feel better than after spending a day on the couch. I don't expect any big changes from this but hopefully my body will get used to moving a little bit more (I haven't exercised at all for years..), hopefully I'll get some more energy and perhaps even build some muscles in time (I currently have none..). When the weather gets nicer I plan to start running a little bit too and before the summer I hope that I'll be able to lose just a few pounds.

10. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    I would definitely workout for the results not because working out isn't fun, but it just doesn't entertain me enough. I would rather look good and then show off my body in a sport having more fun. :)

11. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I workout for the purpose of getting results. I do not think a person can work out because someone else is doing it. Of course you must have a motivation to start the workout in the first place.

12. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    When I "exercise" it is for results. If I am playing a sport while getting exercise, then it is for fun. I just recently started caring about my body which is pretty bad, but now I am looking for results. I want to be a healthy individual.