Would You Refuse A Buy 1 Take 1 Offer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by sidney • Jul 22, 2016.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in my place, there is a burger store that sells their hamburgers, hotdog burgers and footlong sandwiches that are buy1 take 1 as a permanent offer. So far the store seems to have lasted for more than a year, so I guess business is doing good.

I tend to buy them, since if I buy my hotdog sandwich in 711, you can only get 1 for the same amount of money, so in that store the same amount gets me 2 burgers. However, my dad doesn't buy there since he says that he doesn't want to buy "inferior" sandwiches. I think they taste the same as 711's hotdog sandwich, minus the mayonnaise dressing.

So I would like to ask if you have rejected a buy 1 take 1 offer? If yes then what kind of product is it?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You dad is a bit silly. It doesn't mean it's inferior as many places do this to keep customers returning. Just because there is a buy one get one free doesn't mean you have to take the option. You could always take it and then give it to someone who is homeless.

Fast food is competitive, so regulars are essential which is McDonalds and places always have vouchers to get people to come back. Doing a buy one get one free offer is cheaper than printing vouchers.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol, yeah he is indeed silly. He has tasted the burgers and hotdogs before because I bought for the both of us, but he said he still didn't like the taste and insists in buying the single hotdog from 711. I guess he wants to have that mayonnaise dressing on his hotdogs. :D

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't refuse because there are frequent deals like these all around the fast food industry. The various entities will offer some sort of deals to keep customers coming back, seeking to make it a habit of the customers frequenting their store. If I like the taste, I would try to capitalize on these deals as much as I can

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some deals that can be hard to resist. As long as I'm spending only as much as whatever it is I'm buying costs everywhere [when you buy just one] then I'll buy from that store again and again. However if there is a "catch" then that for me wouldn't be a good deal.

6. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say I can relate so much with you because my dad is also like that. I don't know why but he also refuses to buy or eat in places where he thinks the food they offer are not good enough. I on the other hand am a total opposite and would rather eat where it is cheaper but has good food in it. So to answer your question, I wouldn't refuse a buy one take one offer especially if I know that the offer is worth it. :)

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney....Hehe your dad is clearly a bit of a snob! There are a lot of people like that here who believe that if something is free, it means it's of lesser quality. -especially if it's offered, and they've not personally sought it out. It's a weird logic, but there you have it.

I would personally snap it up, especially if it's something I really needed. It's more money in my pocket LOL

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, I see, and considering that my dad was poor and had to do be a farmer temporarily before studying for college makes me wonder why he is such a snob for cheap food. He also doesn't like isaw and other street food. Lol. I guess there are some people who are just averse to anything cheap.

@Lushlala@Lushlala, True, he is only like that on food though. When it comes to clothes, he loves buying 2nd hand clothing from thrift stores.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Lol! Silly dads, right? Sometimes my eyes would just secretly roll because of how my dad acts. He's even more delicate than a woman sometimes but I'm used to it so I just take a deep breath and ignore his delicate traits. :rolleyes: I guess maybe it's also a generation thing. Their generation hasn't really been exposed to street foods and buy1 take1 promos as much as we are right now.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, True, but my mom loves street food, so I guess there are just people out there who are simply finicky with what they put in their mouths. If your dad is averse to buying 2nd hand clothes and other items then for sure he is finicky overall.

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    For a second, you got me thinking there @sidney@sidney. Lol I suddenly had to figure out whether my dad ever bought a second hand clothing or not. When it comes to shoes, he prefers the custom made shoes from his favorite shoemaker, his coats and pants are also tailor-made, and he buys his long-sleeve polo shirts from his favorite department store. I think I barely saw him buy second hand stuff or I have never seen him buy at all. As for me, I'm the total opposite. I buy in thrift stores and I usually buy the good quality but cheapest ones I could find. :D

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, So your dad is a 100% certified "elitist" then, lol. If he snubs 2nd hand stuff, then for sure he is a finicky and choosy customer then! He probably does not get to save a lot of money because he continually buys brand new stuff.

Well, I wonder when the time comes that he needs to buy a household appliance that's kinda expensive, like a ref, but he doesn't have the money to buy it immediately, will he wait and save to buy a brand new one or he will finally give in and buy a 2nd hand one? I guess the answer remains to be seen. Lol! :D

13. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    You got it so right there sidney. :) But my gosh! How I hate it sometimes when he begins with his "elitist" antics. I'm a total opposite of him that's why I really get so pissed sometimes when he belittles things. I guess I got my mom's simple ways and very contented attitude, and I'm glad I did because I'm having a lot of fun being simple and carefree rather than being so choosy and stiff all the time.

14. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    No, I would never turn down an offer like that. If I didn't need or want the other sandwich, I would've gladly given the other one away.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, Well to each his own, right? I guess acting like that makes himself feel better and superior than others? Who knows, right? Try giving him something cheap during his birthday or Christmas and see how he will react! Lol.

16. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh! :) Speaking of which, during the Christmas season, I usually spend a lot of time thinking of the perfect gift to give him because it's so hard to think of anything to give him. Because of this, I end up giving him something so simple and inexpensive because I just don't know what to give him. Good thing he still accepts my gifts. Lol!

17. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I could never reject such a wonderful deal. I always eat at 7-1, and like you say, the deal is much better than just buying one at the gas station. What did you mean inferior?

I see a deal like that and go after it because I'm saving money, plus it's food. I never get full from buying those single expensive sandwiches, sometimes at 7-11, they have those deals as well, but it's rare.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer, What did you give your dad if you don't mind me asking? I don't think anyone will reject a gift upfront, that's just rude, especially if it's your parent.

@hades_leae@hades_leae, I meant that the sandwich is of "poor quality", like it's not as tasty as the more expensive sandwich, according to my dad. I actually never get full eating those sandwiches. So I need the free one, lol.

19. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    You wouldn't imagine but they're really the simplest gifts. :) Let me see, I have given him a leather belt, a leather wallet, a baseball hat, shades, neck ties, perfume and pretty much any simple thing that I could think of. Lol! Those were all given to him in different occasions. I'm just glad he was able to appreciate them. :)

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your dad did not accept those simple gifts then there is something seriously wrong with him, lol. Those gifts are the ones that are usually given to men during special occasions, the only difference is that there are cheap and expensive kinds of those items. Try giving him street food as a gag gift sometime and see how he will react! :D