Would You Refuse A Buy 1 Take 1 Offer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by sidney • Jul 22, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    It depends on what the product is. If it's something I know we would use, then no, I would not refuse it. If it's something our household doesnt need or want, then yes, I'll refuse a buy 1 get 1 offer. To me, If I buy something that I wont use, then im just wasting money, even if I got a deal.

2. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I know right? I make sure though that I give him the best of their kind because he knows if something is made from something cheap. ;) I could just imagine his face if ever give him a gag gift. I better let my little boy be the one to give him the gift, or else I'm dead. Lol! My mom is a better recipient of gifts though because she appreciates anything whether they're cheap or not.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well even if you don't intend to use it, then you might consider buying it to be given as gifts to your friends and relatives? You can give 2 gifts for the price of 1 already.

4. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'll usually at least try products that are on a buy one take one offer and if I really don't like it then I might not buy it again, but most of the time I'll use those products simply because it's so much cheaper to do that than it is to buy two at full price. The only time I'd really refuse a buy one take one offer and buy something else instead, is if buying a different brand is so much cheaper you can get two or more for the cost of the one you'd be buying for the buy one take one offer. Then it doesn't make sense to spend that money on that offer when another product already is cheaper.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I say that if it tastes good and is cost effective, I'd buy it. I don't mind if the meat or anything is cheaper than the other. That means nothing at least in my opinion. The taste is what really matters to me.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney , I have to take your dad's side on the matter of the hamburger and hotdog sandwiches being inferior to those being sold at established fast food chains. They are cheap because they use extenders like TVP, qualicel, and versagel as well as MSG and other meat enhancers. Did you notice how fast they cook those patties? There's little meat in the patty and there are more extenders, phosphate, and water. I used to attend meat processing courses in the hope of establishing a food business but I backed out because I can't sell foods that I don't want to eat for health reasons.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen such offers in the past. While some may be genuine offers by a company or an entity promoting its products, some are ruses to increase their sales. In most cases, they have factored in the option of the free product. But even then, I would take advantage of such an offer if there is a discount attached.

8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I think you discovered the reason. I've seen this before (with my own dad and others). When some people grow up poor, they sometimes have a thing about food, or more accurately, about wanting the best food. I think it's especially true if they were really poor and had to eat some pretty bad stuff growing up. I know a man who will not eat chicken unless it is a breast piece. He was only able to eat the lesser pieces and scraps as a kid, because they had to sell the breast pieces.

I am willing to give a "buy one - get one free" offer a chance, if it seems like a bargain. You have to know what stuff is supposed to cost though (or what comparable items would cost). In some cases, the price is just jacked up to cover the cost of the "free" one anyway. In that case, I'll pass.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I always take advantage of those buy 1 take 1 offers. It is always a good way to have more value for your money. I would only reject them if the food is crappy or if the product breaks easily. Sometimes, some stores offer buy 1 take 1 on their opening day. One mini store in here that just opened offered buy 1 take 1 on bread products on their first day, so we got 2 loaves of bread instead of just only 1.