Would You Rent Rooms At A Hotel Or A Cabin (bed And Breakfast)?

Discussion in Travel started by Verity Darkwaters • Jan 26, 2016.

1. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    So, I was researching and found some nice hotels and they have bars and a restaurant and the price isn't terrible. But I also found "bed and breakfast" which are essentially small 1 room cabins in the area that I want to stay in and there are some bed and breakfasts that have that 1 room you stay in like a hotel, but I'm not interested in those. The cabins usually have nice bathtubs and hot tubs, etc but give a certificate to eat in town. They both are around the same price, but I'm not sure which one would be better. What do y'all thing?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have to try that Bed and Breakfast accommodation. In our recent travels abroad, we always get a hotel for accommodation because we prefer one with buffet breakfast. Since we are on a holiday, what we want is to experience good food and see nice places. And that good experience starts with the hotel. And although hotels are expensive, I think it is worth the cost because we are fully satisfied with the room and the breakfast as well.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You shouldn't discount something until you've tried it. I prefer not to eat in a hotel except breakfast, or to at least have the choice. Usually I find places that don't serve other meals are better run, as staff aren't tired and moving from one shift to another unless it's an expensive hotel.

The cabin may have more privacy and less noisy neighbors. That's a benefit, as some weekends you may end up with a hen or stag party on your floor or above you. In my case I ended up with a glamorous granny contest being held next door and the hotel was crammed pack with seniors.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    @Theo@Theo Oh my goodness! I didn't even think about that, but I am afraid to admit I laughed way too hard at the glamorous granny contest. I couldn't even imagine. At least it was exciting? That is what I was thinking, more privacy. I like my privacy and I've only ever been in one hotel that was way too noisy with going-ons I don't wish to discuss. But, I'm leaning towards the bed and breakfast since it's in the country rather than smack dab in the middle of town.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I think if you're going for vacation in the country side, renting a bed and breakfast cabin is a better idea. It seems more homey and laid back that hotel rooms where there are a lot of other guests around. There's also the more country side feeling of staying in a cabin than in a hotel. :)

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I fell like it would completely depend upon what sort of holiday or getaway we were talking about. And it also depends upon the kinds of activities that one would have planned for wherever they are going, as to whether or not it would be best to rent a hotel or a cabin. I don't like the idea of hotels, They are creepy to me. So much energy there, and you never know what is going on in a room across from you. But a cabin seems a little too stripped down and close to nature to me.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer to stay in a hotel, where I can come and go as I like, where there aren't as many rules. A lot of B&Bs are very decent and have a very homely feel to them, but the ones I've stayed in had some sort of curfew LOL Yes, you had to be in by a certain time, and that's not always ideal. I get that a lot of them are in somebody's home, but that doesn't always work for me. I also find that B&B owners can be too familiar, when I sometimes would rather have the 'distance' , but I know that that's probably what appeals to most. Look, I like both options, but it mainly depends on what I'm looking for and my mood at the time.