Would You Take Back An Item Of Clothing You Had Grown Too Big For?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by littlewitch66 • Jan 17, 2018.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Recently someone I know told me she had bought a dress some time back but had put on weight and it no longer fitted her. I think the dress must have been purchased at least 6 months or more as she has only become bigger since then.

I think I would have been too embarrassed to take a dress back after all that time especially as the shop probably didn't stock it any more but she said she had never worn it.

Would you take something back for a refund after many months?

2. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I will never do this, I will never return an item that I just bought just because it did not fit me anymore. That is too embarassing for me to do and that is rude. Actually, if my clothes does not fit me anymore, I just usually give it to my younger sister or just sell the clothing online.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, many stores will not take them back. On the receipts that you have to present will have deadlines for returns. Even Christmas gift exchanges got stricter for returns...so your friend probably won't be able to return it. Even Walmart won't take back even their store brands without a receipt any longer. Donations to thrift stores or churches will always be welcomed. Some donations will give you a receipt for tax deductions.

4. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I would if it was still new and also if there is a guarantee that the seller will remember me and also if he or she is willing to accept it. Although returning clothes is never my priority. I prefer to give it to someone as a gift or donate. I think returning new clothes because they no longer fit you is not a good option.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Eww! That is so dishonest! I would be ashamed of doing such a thing. Actually, how did the store agree to take the dress back after so many months? Don't they have any definite policy regarding returns? Here in India, most clothing stores have a very strict rule regarding returns, if you wish to return something, you have to do it within 7 days from the date of purchase and they also require you to have the labels and tags attached to the dress intact. If you have removed labels or tags, they refuse to accept it.

6. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    No i will never think to take back anything after such long time period. Doesn't matter where it was, worn or not. But if its not fit on her, if i am at her place, i will probably gift this dress to someone close to me.

7. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Well if you are getting fat, I will simply suggest you just try to pout yourself of dieting and get back to your normal weight, and then you can easily use this dress. Yeah, it's funny I know.