Would You Take Your Puppy To A Puppy Hotel

Discussion in Pets started by tasha • Feb 24, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes they have one of those here where the dogs get to stay in a hotel which includes food, pampering in a salon and a little hotel bed of their own. It costs a small fortune but it is so cute and the dogs apparently love it and the owners get them back all primed and clean.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not. Very wealthy people can afford spending their money on such things but I wouldn't. If I'm going somewhere and won't be around to feed my pets, I'll ask one of my neighbors to feed them while I'm away. It's the sort of thing a good neighbor would do because should they ask you to do them a favor then you won't hesitate.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes neighbours are great if they like pets and sometimes it is such an inconvenience but I would rather look after someone pets rather than let them go to a hotel. my sister sent her pup there and she did come back looking pampered and had a good time making friends too!

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would if I had to, and if I had the money. Most of these hotels have cameras and stuff where you can see your pet and make sure they are being well treated. This weekend I needed to travel and had to leave my dog and cat alone at home. I left enough food and water for them to last for a week, even if it was only 2 days, but it broke my heart to leave them that long alone.... I would have much preferred to leave them at a hotel like that!

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    that is what my sister said too she thought it was a good idea as the puppy made friends and had a holiday too! I think it is extremely expensive but if you can relax knowing the puppy I safe and having fun then it makes your holiday better too!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My pet is most comfortable in our home so I'd rather have my pet stay at home. When we go on vacations, we hire an extra hand to take care of my 3 dogs. We have a housemaid to keep the house and another hired hand so there are 2 of them which gives me peace of mind when we are away. This is not to discourage the pet hotel. I am just not comfortable to leave my pet to people I don't know very well.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I used one such hotel when I had to suddenly leave for a week and none of my friends were around to keep the poor thing. He's a cocker spaniel and he was around 3-4 months old at the time. Interestingly, my puppy got fat during his stay at the hotel and I asked them what they'd fed him. I think the diet they mentioned had a lot of chicken and rice, which I don't know was healthy for a puppy that age, but he's been healthy and fit ever since, so I guess they knew what they were doing.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, and even if I had the money I still won't take my dog to some fancy dog hotel because I think that it's a waste of money when I can ask our relatives or neighbors who are also pet lovers to look after our pet.

9. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I mean I didn't have anyone to take care of my dog, so I used a hotel. I didn't even know that such a thing existed until there was a need. And when you have no choice, you have no choice.

10. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am not even sure what exactly a puppy hotel entails, but just from the thought of it I would have to say no. I am amazed at what some people can afford to spend their money on, and do not get me wrong I love my pets and I consider them part of the family, but if I am out there sacrificing for myself and not having my own fancy things, then my dogs can sacrifice with me.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely no.This activity, I believe, is a feature that is designed to mostly attract the rich and famous. Even if I was rich I would not subscribe to that service. I would Just provide the amenities at home to ensure that my pets would be well cared for.

12. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I would never take my puppy to a puppy hotel because in my country we don't have that kind of services in the first place and I wouldn't want some stranger to take care or groom my pet just because I can do it myself and if I am taking care of a dog or any animal I will do it with all my willigness and the most proper way I can do it. I'd never do it because I can do all the stuff they do there myself for a cheaper price.

13. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried taking my dog to some fancy dog hotel. It sounds fun and exciting for the furbabies but i'm tight with my budget. I'm not against this at all, in fact I'm hoping someday i would be able to treat my dog to this, it would be great experience for him, although i doubt he really knows what's happening but still, it will be great.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't because I would be afraid of how they would treat my dog. I really don't trust people outside of my immediate family to take care of my doggies and kitties. You never know. They get so easily frustrated and I am scared that they would do something to traumatize my dog.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Puppy hotels are not a necessity for every pet owner, right? So I guess it's not really a priority for me because raising a pet is already costly as it is (not that we don't enjoy it). The thing is, we don't want our puppies to be traumatized by an environment they're not accustomed to. So to be safe, they're better off roaming around the house or in the neighborhood.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of a pet hotel and if I had a pet and the money I'd take the pet along on a trip to stay at the hotel too. Getting pampered and being together with your pet is fun, so why not...if you can afford it that is!

17. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I think that some of them are nice because they love dogs there and they do treat them well, however staff might not feel the same way and could be a little nasty to the dogs if they don't listen. my sister got them to even take pics for her to see that her baby was alright and they did.