Would You Use A Watch Phone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lizzief79 • Sep 7, 2014.

1. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I still don't see how it'd benefit me. Admittedly, I don't keep up with the latest news about smart watches, because frankly I am not interested at all. I think it'd just complicate things. I need my watch to tell me the time. That's it. I have my smartphone and laptop for other stuff.

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    No, not until they make the watches really great. I mean, for all I care all they do is monitor and take your notifications and maybe receive calls but they don't really do that much other than just be wearable like a watch and tell you what time it is. Sure it may be good to just see your notifications fly off while your phone is hidden away on your pocket but if I had to pay $400 for a monitor then no thanks.

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I probably wouldn't. Can you imagine having to almost literally talk into your wrist? And at least with a normal smartphone or cellphone, you can turn off the speak and talk in privacy by putting it to your ear. There's no way you'd be able to do that with a watch phone without some sort of earbuds or a headset.

Right now, I see a watch phone as a luxury that really isn't needed. Or practical for that matter.

4. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I's certainly going to improve as time passes. Remember the time of land-line phones? That ea is gone now. Same goes for this one. I for one am certainly planning to buy one for myself.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I was watching Arrow last night and I loved the way that the episode glorified the use of wearable tech devices. There was an incident where a character received a free flight from an email to go see her estranged daughter and little did she know that it was a set up by criminals. Her and her daughter were held captive and the only thing that saved them from getting killed was her wearable device that gave her daughter a WiFi connection to use to reach out for help. It was such an eye opener to see how valuable it can actually become with the abilities that they are capable of. I own one myself and I plan to buy a newer version that Samsung is releasing called the Gear S.