Would you want someone else's used engagement ring?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sthrngypsy • Nov 7, 2014.

1. Merissa

MerissaNew Member

Threads:
    Personally no, I wouldn't want someone else's engagement ring, an engagement ring is to symbolize the future of a relationship and the love you share between your soulmate hence the reason it should be unique. Something of your choosing, right to the design, quality, material and color of it. It should mean something to you so much that every time you see the ring, it will bring memories of the relationship. There is also a chance that whatever used ring that is bought for someone may not fit the person's finger so there is a lot to take into account.

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I am married. When I was getting married, I was giving a rign to my husband that was specifically made for him and the ring that my husband put on my finger was specifacilly custom made for him. I wear my wedding ring all the time. It gives me a pleasure knowing that the ring was specially made for me. Would I have the same feeling if my husband had given a ring that was used by another person?

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest I wouldn't mind at all even if I had a cheap ring because it's not about the cost or whether a person wore it before me but a symbol of love and togetherness. If couple would rather spend their money on something they really need and would save money this way then why not.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    No, I wouldn't mind at all actually I know that even if it's used it's given with good intention. This will show that your significant other tried to get a ring but probably wasn't economically ready at that point. All I would think is this is one of the symbols of our love not mattering where it came from.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no, I don't think I'll want a used engagement ring. Used doesn't always mean cheap or cheaper, by the way. I'll be fine with a simple inexpensive ring, but please make it new. There are many places that sell jewelry at reasonable prices. I won't feel good knowing that the ring was a memento of a broken relationship. If the guy can't afford to buy a new one, I don't really mind not receiving one to mark the engagement specially if I know that he's saving for something bigger like a wedding or a house. If he can't afford to buy one because he's jobless or have no source of income, that's another story.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I won't mind, at least the person was thoughtful enough to make an effort to buy me an engagement ring. Plus, if I'm short on cash and the guy that gave it to me have already called it quits, then I can also sell it or pawn it.