Wrapping

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Strykstar • Aug 6, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you always wrap the presents you give someone?
    I usually wrap them if it's for a child or if it's for Christmas, other than that I simply give it to the person.
    Do you always wrap them?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    For Christmas, I use wrapping paper. For birthdays and other occasions, I usually put the present in a gift bag so there's at least a little bit of mystery and surprise going on.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always wrap gifts. I buy the wrapping paper 75% off after Christmas. I buy colors like blue, pink and purple that are not traditional Christmas colors so that I can use them year round.
    One year I bought a couple of rolls of pale blue Hello Kitty Christmas wrapping paper and those rolls have lasted me through many birthdays.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the gift. At Christmas time, I tend to wrap all the presents. For birthdays, I tend to put the gifts in bags with tissue paper over it. If the present is an awkward shape, I will place it in a gift bag. I don't like wrapping weird shaped presents because it is harder to wrap. If the present is huge, I will just hand it to the person. If the present is a gift card, I will place it in an envelope and hand it to them.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same, I didn't mean I'd give it straight to the person, I wrap them for Christmas and when it's for children and when it's for adult birthdays I put them in a gift bag or envelope in the case of a gift card.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    A good gift wrap for any occassion, especially for lady friends, is a shoal or a big bandana. These is an added value to the gift itself and there is no paper waste. For guy friends, I just usually wrap them in regular store wrap or gift wrap. For my kids, its always the usual paper gift wrap. You can see a bit of satisfaction on their faces when they tear up those wrappers and the following smiles are priceless.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Gift bags!

So no, I don't always wrap gifts with lots of love and care, but at the very least, I will stick them in a gift bag. I will never hand someone a gift that hasn't been presented in some way or another. I actually think gift bags are a bit of a cop-out, but I've used them anyway.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During exchange gifts, yes, but outside of that, no. I just hand over the present in a paper bag. Sometimes I just give cash upfront if I don't know that person well enough to know what he or she wants in a gift.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I always wrap gifts. I think the gift wrap, tissue paper and pretty bows are all part of the gift giving experience. If something is very irregularly shaped and I am unable to wrap it nicely or find a suitable box I will use a gift bag but I much prefer wrapping paper.