Writing For Online Content Companies

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by jneanz • Sep 2, 2015.

1. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I have very little experience with writing for content mills, but I don't know if I would put that much work into a company. Like you said, they could be gone in the next 5-10 years. I'd definitely be weary of giving all of my information to something online like that as well. Especially if they were asking for things that seemed to be TOO much. I remember signing up for a transcription job online and they asked for a lot of information as well that I gave them. So I'm guessing this is the same deal.

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarieNew Member

Threads:
    Amazing, I had no idea there was so much of this going on. I guess I should feel flattered now that I have been offered and took up the offer, for $25 per month, for five articles per month. They are more or less easy to write and I don't mind doing it. I have always wanted to write and just sort of stumbled into writing for a website. My partner scoffed at the $25. per month payment but I thought it was pretty flattering considering I'm a complete unknown. It makes me wonder though at some of the stuff that myself and others. read. I mean, lets face it, anyone can write and publish on the internet. It is a vast garbage dump of the written word. So many of the articles are just regurgitation of .someone else's thoughts, just written with a slightly different twist. It makes me cringe when i hear someone say that such and such must be so because they read about it on the internet. I wonder if they will ever find a way to police the information that is out there? And at the same time, I don't want freedom of speech to be undermined so we need to leave it alone. Kind of a catch 22.
    I have wanted for a long time to be an actual writer and write a novel that is part autobiography and part just stuff I make up to throw people off track to keep from being sued, but have always thought that I didn't have the talent to do it, Being offered what I have been to write these articles, and then finding out how poorly paid some content writers are, I now am starting to have a resurgence of hope. Maybe, just maybe I do have what it takes to be a writer. I always told my parents one day I'd write a book. I always finished that statement with , I didn't say it would be published so that I wouldn't have to bear the defeat of not being able to do it. Thank you everyone who has made it possible for people like myself to find readership even if it is obscure..

3. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    I guess the price totally depend upon the quality of your writing. You are good enough then charge big amount. Sometimes I have seen some expert writers are demanding for $50 for 500 word article!

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have been writing for a while now and it is true that people can demand a lot of money for a well written piece. I like to encourage customers to come back to me for more articles and so I would never charge $50 for a 500 word piece, but would usually charge around $25 for that amount of words. It all really depends on where you are selling your work and what kind of content it is. A highly specialized piece that is loaded with facts is going to cost more than a general article.

5. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    @Rosyrain@Rosyrain I am totally agree with you mate!

#25Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  6. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    I think you really have to put your foot into thinking about the niche that you really enjoy versus trying to cram out content for the sake of making a quick yet low buck. The companies that pay more often want to give you the time to craft a fantastic literary piece. I can suggest a few for those looking for the ability to really express themselves and make the money they deserve but it's all about the quality you provide that allows you to command higher pay.

7. NormaD

NormaDNew Member

Threads:
    I am also a content writer and I would never give out all that information to someone just like that. All I need to do is prove to them that I can write as well as I say, and that is all. I would hate to have to deal with a case of identity theft, especially when the job might not pan out after all.

8. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    How were you invited to the companies that wanted you to write for them? It sounds like a dream job. I would love to be able to work flexible hours and not stuck with the traditional 9 to 5. I do have more time to look for a job. My biggest problem is my internet connection. It's much too slow for most jobs that I am qualified for. We live in a rural area that doesn't have a lot of companies that offers faster speed.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have some writer friends how may have recommended me and maybe the admin have seen my posts in some forums. But that writing job offer is not concrete because you know writing sites, they come and go, so easy to put up and so quick to fold up. Maybe there will come a time that content writing will be a career and I'm hoping that I could be a content provider in the future.

10. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Content writing industry is very irregular, you see everywhere websites from different niches doing for profit or for free. There's always some room to start a successfull career as a content writer, but there's so much demand than job offers that I'm quite surprised some companies are able to pay full time living wages. Also, most content mills seriously lack traffic, and the business model is a bit slow since right now is more important quality than seo keyword stuffing.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is not a lot out there on the web these days for content writing. They come and go like squidoo.com, so maybe you can make a blog and have adsense to make money...adsense is I believe $100 minimum payout with check. I did some gigs on very cheap pay just for the credit at textbroker.com. I list at freelanced.com to let everyone interested know. Put my things on free web site like webs.com. Many say get a selling account and make money by reselling for steady income...which I'm looking into. By the way I tried blogging and adsense at blogger.com some are making money ...I did not, so I closed it down. Guess it's content and times thing so I didn't make money.

12. gwood

gwoodNew Member

Threads:
    Yu have to be careful in online writing. There are many scam sites scamming writers who never pay you and then there are legitimate sites who pays slaves wages (for lack of better term). Of course there are good sites that pay decent amount for your articles but they are very hard to get into. As a beginner you will mostly have to work for low payout.

13. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I'm saying, they want you to do all of that just to pay you crap money. I like working for companies that will pay me minimum wage at least. Many of those business will only be around for 2 or 3 years, and when they fail, they'll just start another company, make as much money as they can and repeat the process.

It makes no sense to request so much form people just to do some basic writing, but that's what they do, and I just stay away from the,.

14. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Not in the age of identity theft. Remember that most of these places want a SSN or EIN for tax purposes.

15. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    During my entire life of online writing, most of the writings I have done were for content mills.I have written for Helium, Squidoo and Hubpages. However, I have also worked on freelancer sites such as upwork. While content mills give you an opportunity of residual income, writing for clients will help you make decent income.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It would be a good thing to research these sites to find out how well they have been operating before you decide to be involved. In most instances, you would be able to get a fair amount of insight on how the site has been performing. Some of these sites ask for a great amount of work in order for you to earn a little bit of money because they pocket the major share of the rate that is been paid for the work you have submitted. Therefore, your due diligence is necessary and it will help you to make a wise decision.

17. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    These companies, although they are online they want to know who they are employing. These questions are normally asked by employers to prospective employees in the job application process. The fact that they are asking for an article is quite acceptable as 600 words is very small and they just want to see your grammar and your writing style.