Wrong Size Of Dress From An Online Store.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmin Cottontail • Oct 7, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased a dress from a trusted online shop and I was excited because it was actually my first time buying dress online. So it came after 2 weeks of purchasing it online and I was disappointed that they sent me the wrong size and the wrong color. I ordered a black dress in large size and they sent me a green one in medium size. I was totally frustrated that I contacted the online store and they've told me to send back the item before they can send me the right product, and I was like "Why would I send it back wherein they'll be obliging me to pay for another shipping fee, and to think that it was not my fault in the first place".

I never did send back the product, I just give it as a gift to my younger sister.

Have you ever experienced anything like this? What did you do exactly?

2. sandra_ly

sandra_lyNew Member

Threads:
    Awww that's very frustrating. That's one of the reasons I'm nervous about online shopping at a new store. I usually only buy from stores that have physical branches so that I have some idea about their sizing. I wish stores would use a universal sizing system - it would make life so much easier!

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Yes I totally agree! That's why now I'm a bit skeptic in buying clothes online particularly when I'm not familiar with it. But there are times that I can't help it especially when they offer great deals and huge discounts :( Plus, the reason I don't usually shop clothes (particularly dresses) at a local store because of their limited sizes.

There are some clothes that are in universal size but of course most of them are not too classy to wear or out of style :(

4. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    Wow that's a bit of a ridiculous policy. Most will pay for the shipping for returns (they usually include a return label as well) or add it onto the refund.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    As far as buying clothes is concerned I don't trust online stores enough to get my accurate sizes. I like to test wear to be very sure of how it fits on me before making payment. This is just the simple reason I hardly order clothes online.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This gives me the creep because I just purchased special leggings as a gift for the birthday of my wife next week. It is medium size and I think it would be fine with her but I will only know when she gets to open my gift and test the product by wearing it. The special leggings is like a girdle that would hold her bulging tummy. According to the blurb, it is not only for aesthetic but it helps in making the abs stronger so it would later on hold the bulges naturally. But what if the size is wrong and wouldn't fit my wife's body? That would be a disaster because I purchased it from an online store.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I actually did think that it's their policy (cover fee for returns) as well. However, I was totally surprised when they told me I had to send it back before I can get the right item which is absolutely ridiculous to be honest. Of course I didn't send it back, might as well just give it as a gift to another person rather than sending it back and wait til forever to have the right item that I ordered, isn't it?

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    I do agree with you. The only reason I buy clothes online is if it's on sale or I can't find the same design at the local store but as much as I would like to admit, it's actually not a good idea for me to shop clothes online. One factor is you can't actually check your accurate size first hand before you pay for it just like what you've mentioned.

Anyway, after this experience I'd rather buy from a local store or a nearby mall for clothes rather than pay less online get disappointed.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Oh I think I know that special leggings you were talking about. I believe I've seen it on Facebook being advertised or from an online shop. Well I think I just got unlucky with my experience but some of the people I know, particularly my 2 siblings, used to purchase dresses online and usually they end up with a perfect fit. I just don't know why but I'm sure I picked the right size for me. Well let's just hope they'll send you the right one and will be a perfect fit for your wife :)

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    That’s right. You need to send back the dress and then only you will be getting the correct sized dress. That is what I had to do when I got the wrong sized dress. The company did send me the correct one.

11. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is a very common problem in online shopping especially in apparel shopping. I never purchased any dress items from online shopping sites. But one of my friends got a shirt which was not fit for him even though he gave the right particulars while purchasing it. I think size varies from brand to brand even it if it shows as the same size. He then returned the item and they replace it with a larger one which was suitable for him.

I usually go to an offline store to physically try my outfit and- then finalize which one to buy. I can try their trial room to see how it suits me in reality. That is very important for me before buying a dress. I usually choose online store to buy toys or electric items which are not available in the open market.

12. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Well, that's not good at all. I understand your frustration but did you read site reviews or investigate about the site you ordered it from? When it comes to purchasing anything online, I never purchase from random websites. I would only purchase from websites from major stores around my area. They're usually trustworthy and if you have a problem, you can simply drive up to a store and complain.