Xbox One Dropped to $350.00 For Holidays

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Oct 31, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Starting on November 2, the Xbox One will be discounted $50 to $349.99 through most retailers and Microsoft. This includes special editions of the console for CoD: Advanced Warfare, Sunset Overdrive, and Assassin's Creed: Unity. One bundle includes the Kinect and the rest of them do not. It's a pretty great deal for those looking to upgrade consoles.

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like Microsoft is really desperate to sell their console. But that's what you get for trying to mess around with what's already an established console. The 360 was a success for them and they thought that people would still be loyal to the Xbox even if they make huge changes, I guess they figured gamers aren't as hardcore fanatics like Apple fans.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    That doesn't make any sense, both Sony and Microsoft put out new consoles and both are desperate to sell, they are for profit businesses. Once game publishers stop making games for the 360 completely, people will make the upgrade. The only reason why I haven't thus far is because I have such a backlog that I should attempt to play through those games first, although I really want a One and will most likely get one this year.

4. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Gotta do whatever it takes to compete with the PS4, I can imagine they're a touch competition so Microsoft has to keep themselves on edge to make sure they don't fall behind on the next generation of consoles. I checked my local flyer though, and they seem to be about the same price, with the PS4 actually being cheaper. Is this a worldwide thing, or just American, or a direct from Microsoft kind of deal?

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I am indeed looking to upgrade my console from the 360. Sale price isn't too shabby either and would have been even more appealing had it been brought down to $300. Besides that, I will have to consider getting it between now and next month. Also I wouldn't call any company "desperate" to sell their console just because they are discounting the price for the holidays. Sure it will help sales, but it's not a desperate move. Heck, I'm sure Microsoft will be joined by Sony to see who can rack up the best from the sales.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I heard about this a week or so ago too and I thought the same as many others that they are probably looking to cle the margin between them and Sony a little bit by this move. I'm not sure it would really help but given that the price is very appealing for something so new I think it would work to some extent. They really shot themselves on the foot at their launch so I'm not surprised that they are resorting to is tactic now but good on them for at least knowing that they should.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It's not too surprising, given the fact that the Xbox One was lacking in any strong console exclusive games, and the flak it received at the start for Kinect and its other features that were later axed. (always remaining online) To be honest I have lost interest in consoles as a whole, new PCs are more than equipped to play the latest games, many PCs are running easily at 60 fps while consoles are still limited to 30 fps. It's honestly disgusting that developers seem to be held ransom to console makers' demands, with many upcoming games being only available on the Xbox One or PS4 but not the PC. I won't be buying the Xbox One, discounted or not.

8. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    This is pretty expected in my eyes. With many people shifting from console gaming to PC gaming, Microsoft and Sony both want people to switch back to console gaming. Thus, they discount these items, make them look more appealing with limited edition designs such as CoD: AW reskins, and hope that people will buy them as gifts for their kids. Pretty smart marketing move in my eyes, as they definitely still make quite a profit from selling just one of these consoles.

9. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Microsoft does this all the time especially with the Xbox. What they want is more and more people using the device as it is likely be the centre piece of their future plans, which is an all in one device. Whatever the reason it should spell good deal for consumers and the company should expect high sales.

10. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    They're really pushing the Xbox to compete with the PS4. It's all MS's fault for being too confident the the 360's successor would blast it's way to our homes. Goes to show that gamers are far more smarter than what they originally thought. They made the mistake Sony did back in 2006 with the PS3.

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    This is sweet and just in time because I have been saving so that I can be able to get the console when the price drops and I am happy to see this now. I am going to try and scoop it up because I am really looking forward to the new Assassins Creed game I am really hoping that it is better than the others that have been released lately.

12. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    It's good to know that Microsoft is willing to lower the prices to compete here. It shows that they are not going to give up on Xbox One that easily. The may be legging behind right now, but t won't be log before they catch up again. Happy console gaming to those who will take advantage of this offer.

13. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! Finally MS has taken it's pride and just swallowed it whole. They're really trying hard to get a move on and take over the lead what with the PS4 selling way more than the Xbox. If they continue on with this I think the Xbox will sell a bit better or maybe catch up with the PS4.