Yet another Walmart rant

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by melissa • Aug 14, 2012.

1. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    I know there's so many of these on here already but I just couldn't help myself :) I had to say one experience I had at Walmart that I finally got revenge for. I do feel awful at the same time as the employee lost her job but she had been apparently doing this too many customers and it was costing Walmart a lot of money.

This happened back last year when the nintendo 3DS was just released. There were no gift card for it as of yet but a lot of people assumed that the wii cards would work with the 3DS as well since they seem to work with the other portable systems. Well as we know since now the 3DS has their own cards that was not the case. But this employee seem to think so.
    I like everyone else had asked if the wii cards would work with the 3DS as they work with the Nintendo XL and all the other systems. She had said yes so I had believed her and I had purchased a $50 card. I get home obviously scratch the back of the card and try and enter it into my 3DS when I'm told that it doesn't work. I am pretty mad so I return to Walmart and try to return the card explaining to them that I had tried to type it into the System and it wouldn't redeem because it was not compatible with the three DS. Of course naturally I'm sure they get a lot of people returning gift cards scamming them this way, so of course said it's nonreturnable. Which to them I said fine but I was told by an employee here at this would be redeemable with the 3DS. They asked me her name, I didn't know it but I described her.
    No sooner had I described her they immediately refunded my $50 card and gave me a voucher for a $50 3DS card when they were to be released. I said okay I was happy with that and I continued to do some shopping. I then happened over hear the manager firing this employee because he said this was the last straw. He cannot have her continue to tell customers that these cards are redeemable with the system when they are in fact not.
    She obviously left upset.
    Like I said I feel awful but if I hadn't complained I'm sure someone else would have. Just wanted to share my story :)

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Wow - that really sucks for her. I can understand they were upset, but did anyone in management ever tell her they didn't work with the 3DS? It isn't your fault, although I wonder why you are seeking revenge, but it seems like it would be an honest mistake. I hope she's okay and managed to get like unemployment and not end up on the street.

3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I love about Walmart is they tend to be good to their customers when it comes to returns. I had purchased a Kindle Fire there, after reading all of the excellent reviews I was so excited to get it home and turn it on. Well, I seem to be the ONLY person in the world who has awful experiences with the Kindle Fire. The first one, and yes I said the first one, would not pick up my wireless internet even when I was in close proximity to the modem. So I went back to Walmart, and explained everything. With no questions asked the let me exchange it for another one. Again I was excited, and wanted to believe my first one was defective. Well the same thing happened. So I tried taking it local coffee shops that offered wifi and nothing. No matter what customer support told me to do, I could not get an internet connection to be detected on the device. So again, I went back to Walmart. Told the entire story to the girl behind the desk, and she refunded my money and apologized for my horrible experience.

Then she took the time to recommend another device to me, the Samsung Galaxy. I decided to give it a shot, and it was the best idea ever!

4. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is your fault and here is why: Who goes to Walmart and asks them questions about the products? It's Walmart...they aren't electronics experts so unless you are asking where the Vagisil is then you are going to get wrong information. Walmart doesn't have the cheapest prices on Earth because they hire tech experts to run the video game section. They cut corners wherever they can because we want the cheapest products possible.

So congrats on getting some poor girl fired from her minimum wage job that she needed. Keep in mind that her next job is probably your local McDonalds and she is going to spit in your food...if you are lucky she will stop at spit.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I, too, feel bad for this girl; although, I understand why you would return it, as would I. But to say you got revenge seems rather cold since this could have been an honest mistake on her part and not something she did on purpose. I have young girls looking for jobs and can't help but put them in that girl's place. Of course, no one really knows how many times she told customers this about that particular card. Maybe she got confused with that one because it resembled a similar one, but I guess she could have asked another employee if she wasn't certain. Also, what is too many time to this manager? Two, three, four times? I can see a lot of young kids making mistakes like this because they are either nervous if they've just started or too naive to ask a fellow emplyee. I hope she is able to find another job soon.

6. rcking09

rcking09New Member

Threads:
    I recommend avoiding Walmart at all costs. Their overall business plan is a serious threat to the American economy. They are the primary reason why a lot of jobs were lost to outsourcing. Their way to cut costs is to force their suppliers to cut costs and the way they do that is by outsourcing.

7. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    I do want to add to everyone here that this was not a mistake. I had heard the manager tell her that he has warned her many times about selling this product as a 3DS card. Thats why I felt so bad, because I was the last straw.

8. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    But I think it's the way you worded it that sounded so mean. Like you got revenge on Walmart by getting that girls fired. I remember being young and making the same mistake more than once because there are so many things to remember.