Yoga Can Save Your Money Of Gyms

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by naruto100 • Mar 12, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yoga is one of the way of exercising. And I think it is good technique to stay fit. It can be good alternative of gyms exercising. I mean we can easily learn yoga from the online videos and do it at home inside the room. I have heard that it is very good for health. Not only physically but mentally too it has many advantages.

Is any one doing regular Yoga exercising ? I am sure it can save your GYM money.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do yoga regularly. I did for one whole year. I used to do one asan for one month and add one until I mastered all 12 major asans.

However, these days I am just too lazy to exercise. Yoga is superior to any other form of exercise as if practiced correctly can stimulate a lot of energy, flexibility and mental health too.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No more, but I agree Yoga is one of the best methods for living naturally fit and healthy without spending a single penny. I have tried couple of postures in the past but to perfect these postures systematically you need to take guidance from an expert. By the way there are many experts that do not charge you any fee for their guidance.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Yoga is good, but you need patience. And, an exercise where you feel bored after sometime, you cannot continue. Thus, all your good works fall flat.
    I play badminton twice and thrice a week. It keeps me fit and I feel motivated as well as the game is pretty interesting. Over the time, I've realized that you can continue only those kind of exercise which attract you.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There are different types of Yoga as I understand. They may be done without an instructor or a master to lead the Yogi and this is being done by the aid of self-instructing media which could be purchased in mall or market in a DVD format or it could be viewed or downloaded from the YouTube.

Self-instructing media for Yoga could practically save the Yogi for the money he spent in the gym. In our particular place, for example, every weekend or in Sunday early morning, in the capitol lagoon area, there is a Yoga instructor teaching those people who are interested to learn about Yoga for free. Besides, I don't find any gym in our place where Yoga is taught.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My question is do you go to a yoga session or workout regularly? I can say that I am one of those fitness freaks who cannot live without workouts even for a day. I love the feeling after a morning in garden/park doing my workouts that makes me feel relaxed and calm for the day's activities.

I have been improving my physical and psychological health as well as strength and reflexes right from my school days. But is it me or you also feel the same so let's discuss our experiences about workouts which in my views is a way to keep us fit and save money in the end.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried to practice yoga a few times (for about 6 months I think), but I really didn't like it. I've tried it in many ways, in various places, but I've come to the conclusion that practicing yoga is not for me.

I still prefer the gym (although I don't like it too :p).

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit Yoga is different in many ways than routine gym exercises because you do not have to pump iron or run on machines but concentrate or sit in certain set postures. The Yoga is forever while the exercise that you perform in gym has short impact. Once you quit exercising you lose all the benefit but Yoga has long lasting impact on your body and mind.

#8Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about yoga, but it is true that calisthenics like push-ups can do the thing to the body that certain gym workouts can do. Also, jogging is something that can be done in a park or on a public road, so why bother with fancy bicycle and jogging machines? Finally, a person can buy some dumbbells and also imitate the gym workout.

Anyhow, by the way, you need to make sure that you're self-disciplined. Note, a gym sort of provides a motivating environment that's lacking on the outside with stuff I mentioned and also at-home yoga.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Honestly saying I don't know if I can call my self fitness freak or not. As I always want to stay fit and do exercising regularly. I always start with all excitement and keep continue maximum for a month. One travelling of 4 to 5 day and I lose my cycle. Then after I don't feel like continue it. (I know I am being lazy). But that's how it is going. After that I don't do anything for one or two month and then start again with all excitement. Lol. And because of this inconsistent performance I don't think I am getting any benefit.

#10May 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I now regularly do yoga fo more than two years now and I stopped visiting gym a long back. It is so effective and keeps you healthy and active and very effective for weight loss. :)

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs I am not sure if Yoga is effective in weight loss because it has not much physical activities but you as much I know Yoga is all about your body fitness. I agree if yoga is performed in a hot room with increased temperature as certain yoga trainer claim can reduce your weight to some extent but generally yoga is beneficial for improvement of your blood circulation, flexibility and body fitness.

#12May 13, 2017
  13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Body fitness means we can reduce the weight too , right?
    I am hearing about first time that we can reduce more if we do it in hot room, I guess may be because of more sweating. I will try though I don't know any kind of yoga. I need to learn them fist via online videos.

#13May 13, 2017
  14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Even I did not know that yoga is for the weight loss purpose but after reading @harijobs@harijobs post I tried and found that certain yoga centers are offering this too. I think it should be a good way of reducing your weight provided one can withstand the heat. Here is the link of that article for your benefit-

#14May 13, 2017
  15. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Even though it doesn't give immediate results like the cardio workout and the aerobics, Zumba and much more it is effective in keeping your body and mind healthy and happy. Try it out and you will surely feel the change in you. :)

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder Surya Namaskar falls in which category, yoga or some other format. As I know that using it many people have reduce the weight.
    @Ray1@Ray1 , thanks for the link. It mentioned that Yoga in heated room will sweat you more and improve the flexibility and reduce the risk of injuries. I wonder if you are sweating more then isn't there is increase in chance of that you can get slip and injure. If we forget about this then how can it reduce the risk of injuries.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 LOL, I suggest you wach those hot rooms in those special yoga centers. They are not only very sophisticated but very costly too, simply out of reach of general public. They are part of health travel conducted to attract rich tourists from western world and some of them are ready to part with their last shirt to get rid of their extra weight. The get ultimate care by trained attendants.

#17May 14, 2017
  18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Out of general public, then I am out too in this case. I have never seen such yoga center so far so I have no idea about it. But yes I have heard that they are extremely costly. Specially those which are already quite popular.

#18May 15, 2017
  19. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think yoga can save you money. In order to learn yoga, you will have to pay for yoga lessons. Yoga is not do it yourself kind of thing. If you learn yoga without a proper guidance of a master, it is likely that you will develop complication. When you are paying to learn yoga, you are far away from saving money. Having said that once you learn yoga lessons from a master, you can do it yourself and you may be able to save money.