You Color Your Hair With What?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by iampeebs • Sep 5, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to apply L'Oreal Hair Mascara to my hair when I was in high school. It was "in" back then. Now as an adult, I think it looked tacky, lol.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I colored my hair with cellophane. It washes out slowly over time. My favorite color was purple, but I also did cherry, raspberry, and blueberry. The color really couldn't be seen until the sun hit it.

A couple of months ago, I gave myself a henna. I used a normal color, chocolate brown.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't dye my hair because I like my hair black. My hair has always been black color because that's my nationality, which is Asian. I like it that way because I am a very traditional person. I think dying my hair other than black would against the traditional rule of my own.

4. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    My hairdresser always colours my hair. I used to colour my hair at home before but I wasn't satisfied with results. Sure, it was cheaper, but hairdressers do it professionaly and effects are much better than doing it at home.

5. ChrisRoger

ChrisRogerNew Member

Threads:
    I use the cheapest hair color from wal-mart. Revlon color silk. I have used it for years. Its about 4 dollars a box. I have to use 3 because my hair is so long.

6. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried many different things. When I'm going for a specific look, I usually go the traditional way - a box from Publix or Sally's. They are the safer way to go. But when I'm just looking for something different, I go with henna. I've also tried lightening my hair with lemon juice. I'd put it in my hair before going to the beach. And I've also used a (washable) spray to give me blond highlights.

7. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a guy so I don't change my hair color at all lol.

8. Peters879

Peters879Banned

Threads:
    I often use "mehndi". It gives black color to my hair.

9. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Once in a while, I'll get my hair professionally colored at a hair salon and then top it up myself when it starts to fade. When I get it colored at the salon, it usually shows up much more vibrant. I can only afford to do this a few times a year though.

I usually color it myself at home and use L'Oreal Excellence HiColor. I like really bright, obnoxious red colors. They are my favorite.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used kool aid before when I was younger gave me some color for a day and I could easily wash it out but now I use the box to color my hair.