Your Current Media Setup

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Sep 30, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Which gadgets do you use to watch movies on your TV? I know some TVs are advanced enough that you can just plug in a hard drive to watch your movie files on TV, but I personally dislike having to unplug my USB and having to transfer files each time I remember something I'd like to watch. This is why I got an Android mini PC for my TV so I just stream my movie files straight from my laptop to my TV. The connection sometimes becomes problematic, but not really enough for me to complain about it.

What gadgets and devices do you currently use to watch movies on your TV?

2. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I use my Playstation 3 to watch all my movies as I only buy blu rays now for my favourite films so having a built in blu ray player in my PS3 is great! There are also times where I will download a movie from torrents online and upload it to a USB key. I'll then plug in the USB key on my TV to watch a movie there as well. It seems to work well though I have found in rare occasions that the movie lags a bit if I am plugging in the USB key to the TV.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, the PS3 is great for watching movie files, I even use it to stream sometimes as well. The only problem I have with it is that it only plays a select number of file types. IIRC, the most common one that I have a problem with is mkv files. Besides that, however, PS3 is pretty nice and really powerful.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing special. I don't like hooking up much of anything to my tv. Blu ray is it.. we just download and burn all our movies to disc.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just watch everything on my PC. If I wanted to watch movies on my TV, I would just get a HDMI cable or something, and use my TV as a second monitor :)

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I hope you don't mind me saying, but that sounds like a lot of work, but just by modern "spoiled" standards, of course. :) It does provide for backup of your media, though, I have to admit. It's nice to have physical copies too. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!