Your Favorite Breakfast Meal

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 2, 2013.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the breakfast that we cook at home, that is fried rice with fried dried fish and tomatoes with salted, one of our other favorites is the big breakfast of McDonald's. They now have a smaller version called sausage platter, a big breakfast version sans the hash brown. So for me, since I am not a heavy eater, I prefer the sausage platter whenever I pass by McDonald's on my way to the office.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too rate breakfast very highly and would even go so far as to say it's my favourite meal of the day. I prefer it very small, and could never do the full English, unless it was for brunch. I alternate between a piece of wholemeal toast with peanut butter, a small serving of cereal/granola/muesli, a small pot of yoghurt, a banana or oatmeal. I like to keep it small and simple :)

Sometimes I push the boat and have a blueberry/banana muffin or a croissant.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite breakfast meal is chocolate milk with bread and cream cheese. Nothing healthy, I know! But it’s such a delicious way to start the day!

However, I don’t have that everyday. I often have a low fat yogurt mixed with strawberries, some fruits like grapes and maybe whole grain cookies.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, since I was still eating animals when I answered this last lol...

I still eat fruit with every breakfast.. fruit is life lol, love it. Right now, it's cold and I'm eating a little heavier and warmer. Lately I've been eating steel cut oats mixed with cocoa, topped with bananas and drizzled with another blended fruit, and sunbutter. Keeps me full forever and warms me up. And coffee. Still dread quitting, so it's a staple breakfast component.

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    My breakfasts vary depending on the day. If I am on my way to work, I usually take something from home that can easily be eaten in the car on my drive to work. I like to prepare and freeze on-the-go breakfast items in advance so that I can simply heat them up and eat them while I drive, such as breakfast burritos (flour tortillas, salsa, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheese wrapped in wax paper) or chocolate chip baked oatmeal cups to-go.

On the weekends, I usually cook up a large pan of scrambled eggs for the entire family, with toast and sometimes sausage on the side. Sometimes I will serve oatmeal or pancakes o the weekend. Both eggs and oatmeal are inexpensive sources of protein, which will ensure we feel full longer. On the rare occasions that I go out for breakfast, I like to order chocolate chip pancakes. They are a treat that I would not ordinarily make for myself.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have started having heavy breakfast, including pies. Usually though a fried breakfast is my favourite. Some potato product, beans, eggs, though never meat. Omlettes are good too, but I prefer a mixed fried breakfast.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love all things breakfast. I love going out for breakfast but I have a hard time paying for a breakfast I can make at home. When I go out for breakfast I'll order eggs benedict or a fancy omlette. At home I'll make bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, home fries but my favourite breakfast to make is ham hash and serve it with a fried egg over top. It's easy to make but so filling. I'll make it on Sundays and serve it as a brunch. It's so hearty we don't need to eat again until supper.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I love waffles for breakfast the best then oatmeal for our health. I put all sorts of goodies in my oatmeal. The goodies can consist of walnuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, wheatgerm, ground flaxseed and sugar substitute. When we have fresh fruit like apples I'll add the fresh fruits to my oatmeal. Sometimes I'll cook up some veggie bacon with my waffles too.

9. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I don't really take that much food for breakfast, I make myself a orange juice, a coffee with some sugar and a toast, and I usually add to it either cheese or chocolate.

10. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    There is a restaurant near my home that's a Mexican restaurant and they make the best breakfast burritos in the world. You can get them just regular with bacon or steak, eggs, cheese, and potatoes, or you can get that but smothered! The smothered one is so good too and filling. It comes with green sauce, tomatoes, and lettuce. It's absolutely amazing. I get them a lot, almost every weekend. If I make something at home, I just like to make French toast and bacon.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I love McDonald's mcgriddle sandwiches. Lately I have been eating their sausage biscuits. I know this can be a problem but I love bread, especially if it's a good buttery busicuit like Popeyes. I have tried making my own mcgriddle at home but there is no way I can eject the syrup into the pancakes like McDonald's can. What I have done before is take a pancake and roll it up with a sausage inside like a burrito, dip it in a little syrup and I'm good to go.