Your Favorite Chocolate Candies / Desserts

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • May 3, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of chocolate myself, but whenever I do have some, I usually go for some Cadbury milk chocolate bars. I like them because in my opinion they taste very luxurious even if they aren't really all that fancy at all. A close second would be a Hershey's cookies and cream bar because I like white chocolate the best, and adding cookies to it is just pure genius. What are your favorite chocolate items to eat? Perhaps chocolate fudge drizzled on vanilla ice cream? ;)

2. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    My favourite dessert is fresh fruit! I find it really refreshing at the end of a meal. In particular, I like melon and watermelon. They really leave you feeling "fresh". They are also better for your health than chocolate and candy, of course!

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I'm completely with Gavin, I do get my chocolate cravings from time to time and since I'm not one to indulge often, I won't deprive myself of it. I don't think I have a favourite. I will eat chocolate chips out of the bag if I have to lol. I tend to crave more creamy sweats than anything though, so a good homemade pudding or something.. maybe I'll make some now :p

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love white chocolate, but surprisingly I don't have it often. White chocolate chip cookies are the absolute best!

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the mint chocolate candies or Reeses that's my favorite whenever i'm in the mood to have some

6. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    Milk chocolate is a good friend of mine lol. I love snickers bars, twix, reese cups, butter fingers and basically every milk chocolate bars that they have lol.

7. dagz16

dagz16New Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate!! I think my favorite is Hershey's Kisses by far. If I'm not careful, I could eat the whole bag, but usually Im pretty good (5-6 pieces).

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Since i got a pack of milka strawberry chocolate candy, i couldn't get anything else. I am not a fan of light flavor chocolate, but that thing sure does taste good!

9. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I always have Twix at home. No other chocolate can beat the taste of Twix!

But when I stayed in Greece before, I cannot find Twix on groceries or peripteros! So I settled for Ferrero. Its the next best chocolate ever.

10. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    We are all chocolate addicts in my house. We try not to buy any sweets but we just can't pass on chocolate, especially chocolate Dove candies. My kids and I also love kit kat bars and twix.

11. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I am all about dark chocolate! Anything with dark chocolate is my favorite. I like that it is healthier and has such a rich decadent flavor. I actually dislike milk chocolate and white chocolate and find them to be way too sweet.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    On of my favorite candies to eat would probably have to be snickers because I love caramel and cashews in one.
    I love when the caramel is warm because it just melts in my mouth.
    I am also a huge fan of chocolate covered pretzels. I can't think of a better sweet snack other than these(haha).

13. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to like any chocolate because back then we didn't have much. But now I prefer Guylian, a Belgian chocolate in the shape of seashells. It is creamy and the bitterness is just right. But unfortunately, Guylian is only available in Duty Free shops and only for travelers. With no Guylian, I would settle for Cadbury's fruit and nut because I like the nuts of that, it tastes like a good mix of the fruit particularly the raisins.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not eaten chocolate in a very long time, as a result of me changing my diet. But when I was eating chocolates regularly, I was definitely partial to Belgium chocolate. Thornton's has always been luxurious to me. The chocolate is rich, sweet, and has a sometimes strong taste of traces of alcohol in it. Other times the taste of the alcohol is a little bit more subtle. I find Cadbury's chocolate bland and always have. Dairy Milk too.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like white chocolate. I find it too sweet and it also seems to have a very overwhelming milky smell that I don't like. I like Kinder Bueno, Yorkie and Toblerone, among others. But Kinder Bueno is like my go to chocolate. I like that it's very light, fluffy and crunchy.

16. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I like dark chocolate, specifically the Dove brand of dark chocolates. I also really enjoy Kit Kat bars. Chocolate releases endorphins, the 'feel-good' neurotransmitter, so a little chocolate can really give you a quick pick-me-up!

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Ooooh, I love white chocolate. Milky Way Bars are just scrumptious. I love them. They are probably my favorite white chocolate brand. I hate white chocolate Malteasers. Ick. I like that you mentioned Toblerone. I have always enjoyed Toblerone, even the very small nut traces in the chocolate, because I usually hate peanut in chocolate.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems like we have opposite tastes in chocolate, @DreekLass! Although I have to agree on peanuts in chocolate, I hate having to chew them hehe That's partly why I hate the ever popular Snickers bar. Have you ever tried the Yorkie, though? I know a lot of people hated the "Yorkie, it's not for girls" advert, but I LOVED it, thought it was hilarious. The chocolate is to die for, try it :)

19. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I like chocolate, but I can only name as favorite almost any dark chocolate, same as those that being dark, have also orange, coffee or liquor taste.

For desserts, my favorite are cheesecake ice cream, profiterole cream puff and tiramisu.

And for candy.. well I like those candy chickpeas and other seasonal candies that precisely are sold this time of the year.

I'm not a candy fan at all, except for butter candy, and coffee candy.

20. DreekLass

Threads:
    Finally someone who understands my grievances lol. I have always detested how the peanuts will get in your teeth, and you will be there two or three hours later trying to get all of the bits of peanut that is wrapped up in chocolate, out of your teeth. The only one I like is Snickers, and that is a VERY recent thing. I have hated them for years. I have tried Yorkie's, and I think they are ok. But I would not say that they were a favorite of mine. They are nice though.