Your Favorite Coffee Shop

Discussion in Food & Drink started by vida_llevares • Oct 5, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Hi.

What's your favorite coffee shop? Starbucks, Seattle's Best? UCC? Local coffee shops?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Starbucks coffee would really be on top of my list however I really think that their coffee is not that regular in price. I mean the price is right for a coffee that really is worth coming back for but for persons who wants to save, like me, I would prefer a local coffee shop as of now. It is called Coffee Break and the quality of their hot and ice coffee is really good! THe orice is of coarse half cheaper that Starbkucks!

3. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I'll admit I like starbucks coffee, at least one of the ones nearby makes really good coffee, even though it's incredibly expensive. Because of the price though I only go there when either someone else has lost a bet and has to pay for everyone else, or if I won a gift card for them. It's more of a rare occasion thing to me.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite coffee shop is Starbucks. I don't drink coffee. I am a big fan of their teas and I enjoy sitting in the coffee shop working on my laptop.

5. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I never actually go to coffee shops (though I'd like to; they're just so expensive) but Starbucks is my favorite. On the rare occasion that I do go to "coffee shops" I go to the Gate gas station. Their coffee is only like 99 cents and it's really good! Yeah, I know it's not an actual coffee shop, lol, that's why I put it in quotes.

6. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite coffee shop would be Starbucks, but I actually love the local coffee shop called Sworks in my neighborhood. I love their drinks, but sadly, it's a bit pricier than even Starbucks, so it's rare that I actually do go.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the coffee at Starbucks, and I like the blended frozen McCafe frappes at McDonald's too. I make most of my coffee at home to be thrifty. I might try the recipes on Pinterest that are supposed to be homemade imitations of Starbucks drinks.
    Even if they're not exactly the same, I think I can get over that to save a few bucks.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    My least favorite is Starbucks. I think it is over priced and tastes bitter. I like the taste of good old fashioned Dunkin Donuts coffee. I also think the food is better there too.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I actually love Starbucks coffee but I used to prefer the atmosphere at Starbucks than the atmosphere at other places. Just down to earth and homely, the way i like it (earth-y). But at the moment i am drinking an awesome smelling coffee called Kenna, it is a houseblend apparently but the coffee's aroma is beautiful so right now that is our favorite coffee.

10. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I really agree with you on the statement about Starbucks' atmosphere. It's very down to earth, very open, and just nice. While other cafes and local coffee shops may offer the same thing, the thing about Starbucks is that it's, for the most part, pretty consistent, in my experience. The other nice thing about Starbucks is that while their coffee is not the best, it certainly isn't the worst. The price can be a little crazy if you get a speciality drink with lots of extras and flairs, but if you get a regular cup o' joe, then it's really comparable to many places. I wouldn't call Starbucks my absolute favorite, but it's hard to beat!