Your favorite cut flowers

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Apr 19, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love to have fresh flowers in pretty vases around my home. I grow a few varieties of lilies so that I can use them as cut flowers. Daisies especially gerbera daisies are another favorite of mine. Which are your favorite cut flowers.? Do you grow any of them in your garden?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love lilies too, especially if they have a nice fragrance. Basically, I like any cut flowers that smell nice. I like to be able to smell them as soon as I come into the room. I love roses with that musky perfume. I don't grow flowers to cut in the garden, as it gets a lot of sun, and the type of flowers I'd want in the house don't fare too well in the garden.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do have a thing for white roses. They look so neat and fresh especially when they're in my room. They tend to lighten up my mood.

4. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    I love fresh cut flowers. They smell divine and brighten up your home. I was unsuccessful keeping my gardenia bushes alive but they did give me a few blooms. I used to cut the stem near the flower and place it in a shallow bowl of water. I small flower would send its sweet aroma through my entire home.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    OHH.. those gardenias are my favorites too. I so love their smell. I have one bloom right now in my little plant and it is making my whole house smell divine. I agree it is one of those fussy plants. I thought I almost lost mine to some pests, but thank god it is safe and blooming now.

6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I like roses. At one time, I had about 200 rose plants, most of them red velvet. Every morning I would cut the full blossoms and they would cover my entire table. The air smells so sweet the whole day long.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I think lilacs are probably my favorites. They have a wonderful scent and a vase with white and purple lilacs with some of their leaves has a unique look to it. They can last for quite a while in a vase, too. We are fortunate enough to live in an area that has lots of lilacs, some even are growing wild now. The only downside to lilacs is that they only bloom once a year.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Can I say anything pretty? LOL. I love astromera because it lasts a long time in a vase before the color completely fades from the flowers. Carnations also do well in floral arrangements, whereas hydrangea, as beautiful as they are, only last a short time once you get them home. I just love flowers, lol. I am just as happy with daisies as with roses.

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    You are right about astromerias, they are some of the prettiest flowers i have seen. I love the fact that you can color carnations in rainbow colors. Hydrangeas blue, pink and white tastefully arranged can lift someone out of depression. The fact that fresh flowers are such mood uplifters make them all the more lovable. I love to tuck stems of little bunches of jasmine to make these flowers not only look pretty but smell awesome too..

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Flowers are definitely good for lifting the mood. I get the mixed bouquets at the grocery store for a few dollars and break them down into individual arrangements and spread them throughout the house, even the bathroom. It's an awesome feeling to open the bathroom door, slip on the light and see the pretty flowers waiting. I always get busy with whatever and forget they are in there so it's like a lovely surprise each time, lol.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand roses lol. ugh, they bug me and they're so cliche. Doesn't help that when I bought my house it came with a huge rose bush and I basically needed to tear the house down to get rid of it completely lol. Daisies are my flower. The remind me of my grandmother and they're so simple and pretty..

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love roses. I love the way the look and smell. I went to a restaurant last night and a woman was selling some beautiful roses. I couldn't resists. I bought a couple of yellow ones.

13. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I love roses too, Parker. I can't understand why some people don't; they're so pretty and they smell so beautiful. I have a cutting from someone else's rose bush I need to plant outdoors. It's been sitting inside in water for quite some time and it finally seems to be sending out roots, but no new leaves. The same goes for some hibiscus cuttings I have. They have these tiny leaf beginnings, but it seems they won't grow until you put them in soil. I can't wait until I can cut flowers from my own garden to bring inside.

14. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    My favorite cut flowers are roses.
    T72-2A.
    Roses are the king of flowers. I here want to share one link on which you find variety of roses which are my favorite.

15. emmashopping

emmashoppingMember

Threads:
    I love too . Roses smell very nice and peacful. They change the human moods with in few seconds.

16. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    Yes I agree with you roses are very nice and peaceful. They change the moods and also make the atmosphere with good fragrance. Even roses give so many messages to us to how to live life and be like them. Now so many colors of roses are available in world. & each color of rose have it's own meaning and important. Different types of roses with different colors are used for different occasions.

17. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I also love fresh cut lilies very much. A bunch of flower send sweet aroma through the entire house for one week.

18. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Bells of Ireland is a easy to grow plant and a wonderful cut flower. I love gerber daisies too but I've never grown them. I might try to grow them next year, the color of the daisies are so vivid.

19. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I think many of us here love roses. I have different color in our garden. Sometimes if will have a visitor or there's an occasions, I will put fresh roses in a vase. They all love it too.

20. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I love roses as well, but my favorite flower for an arrangement is Peruvian lillies. They come in so many beautiful shades, the leaves are both delicate and intricate. I often see them in arrangements, but I think they can stand alone quite well.