Your favorite dessert

Discussion in Food & Drink started by chiofthenorns • Sep 7, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up, my meal would not be complete without eating something end after the main course. My favorite desserts include ice cream, cakes, and chocolates. What is your favorite dessert? Do you also eat dessert after eating meals?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be ice cream all the way but I don't eat it as much as I used to unfortunately because of my GERD. :(

3. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite desert is some good ole sherbet. When it comes to desert, it's a;ways two things I have room for and that's jello and sherbert. I love ice cream as well, but it's something about the flavor of sherbert that makes me crave it. Jello is also something I can eat no matter how full I am. On the other hand if I had to pick from cookies, pies, cake, then soft buttery chocolate chip cookies would be my favorite.

4. johnlena112

johnlena112New Member

Threads:
    Coconut-Almond Cream Layer Cake
    This decadent layer cake is deliciously rich as well as moist. For a colorful presentation, garnish with kumquats, currants, and fresh mint sprigs.
    Recipe: Coconut-Almond Cream Cake

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chocolate fudge cake or a chocolate fondant is my favorite dessert. If I see other people having it ad it looks good, I will probably only have a starter and a side order to make sure I can eat it. There is nothing worse than being too full to finish a delicious dessert. If there is no chocolate on the menu, then I wouldn't have a dessert.

Sometimes when they had a set menu with two courses for X amount or three for Y, I always skip the starter and always have dessert if chocolate is mentioned.

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely LOVE dessert! I do, from time to time, indulge in some good ole dessert after eating meals, preferably after eating dinner. I would definitely say that I've developed more of a "sweet tooth".
    If I'm in a supermarket, local grocery store, or ANYWHERE that sells dessert, it's like my nostrils have suddenly developed a bionic sense of smell, and my attention is turned instantly over to wherever the desserts are located.
    Mind you though, I love desserts, but if I see a dessert item that's vastly overpriced, then I'm bound to get irritable and LEAVE that establishment! I don't believe in overpaying, even for something you LOVE! (Unless you're in some kind of "desperate situation" where you are literally going to become faint if you aren't fed some, which I find quite unlikely!).
    In terms of my dessert of choice, I have MANY! (As you would probably have guessed); I enjoy cake, in all forms: cheesecake, red velvet cake, chocolate cake, and even vanilla cake! Once it's cake, I'm pretty satisfied. And please don't get me started on ice-cream! Again, I'm a fan of all flavors, like grapenut, rum and raisin, and strawberry cheesecake flavors!
    I'm a sucker for sweet potato pudding! And apple pie! Wow, I'm in a daze just thinking about these fine treats!.
    Dessert is a wonderful accompaniment to any meal, and it acts almost as a "reward", which reminds you that you deserve good, and that you should remember the "sweet things in life", instead of focusing on the little..."sour moments".

7. bellagreen007

bellagreen007New Member

Threads:
    Dessert is always a part of our meal. I always make sure that we have dessert in every meal. I make some parfait, chocolate dip strawberries, banana popsicles and many more. Sweets are the best dessert for us we also made some mango graham cake and fruit cake.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat desserts terribly often but I have a few favorites. Cannolis (traditional or otherwise) topping the list, but also tiramisu, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and lavender ice cream. Lavender is the perfect dessert ingredient in my mind ;).

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like dessert any time of the day, it can be a peach or apple pie, I will take anything chocolate also. Sherbert is also a nice dessert, lemon and peach are both very refreshing. I don't think you have to wait until the meal is over to eat your dessert. I have been known to eat my dessert first and then eat my dinner.