Your Favorite Kind of Tea

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tulosai • Jan 6, 2015.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite kind of tea? Black? Green? White? Are there any flavors or brands you particularly like?

At this time of year I love Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. In general I tend to like flavored black teas. I'm trying to drink a lot more tea now since it's healthier and cheaper than soda.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I like any tea that is moderate in quality of taste and smell regardless of what type it is, but most times I will settle for cheap stuff like Lipton and others because I'm on the go. I only drink black tea if it's a really cold day and I need something strong in flavor to stir my body so I can do what I need to do for the day. I usually opt for green and white tea during the times when I eat and relax, because it's not as strong and is soothing to my senses. However, I try not to drink hot tea during the summer, and opt mostly for unsweetened types of tea like Tejava. My most often consumed tea is from Bigelow company and I enjoy their Darjeeling tea the most.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite kind of tea is black. I enjoy green tea because of the health benefits, but I really dislike the taste. White tea tastes slightly better than green, but still is not my cup of tea (get that??)!!
    I also enjoy black tea because it usually goes well with other flavors, for example I have one tea that is black tea with chocolate and caramel (delicious), and another one that is black tea with peaches. Other flavors complement black tea very well, whereas I find that if I'm tasting another flavor with green or white teeth they contrast way more.

4. Cryyo

CryyoMember

Threads:
    I don't personally drink a lot of tea, but my wife is really into this brand Sleepy Time tea. Apparently it is meant to help you go to sleep at night, and she likes every flavor. They sell a sample pack that could help you get it started, and it's relatively cheap. Check it out!

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I drink pretty much any kind of tea I come across unless the flavors are too strong and don't agree with me. My favorite so far is green tea with brown rice but I also like ginger or peppermint depending on my mood. After a big meal I usually go for something more traditional or neutral such as ordinary brown or green tea.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like herbal teas that have medicinal values, such as licorice, echinacea, calendula tea and many more. I am also fond of green tea with a bit of lemon or lime. Generally I grow my own herbs that I turn into tea, but during times when that isn't possible, I usually buy what I need at the health food store. One of my "staple teas" is fresh ginger tea. I have it on a daily basis to aid my digestion and circulation. I also drink it when I have an upset stomach, or when my muscles are aching.

7. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I love tea.

I used to be a coffee drinker until I met a certain brand that I now drink every single day. It's from the company Herbalife. Basically it's called Herbal Tea Concentrate made of natural guarana leaves, which is a natural energy booster. It's definitely my substitute of coffee because it has 10 times more antioxidants. Most importantly, it's a fat burner. The company doesn't promote it that way, but my fat percent sure does decrease.

There are days when tea runs out in our house and I feel incomplete. You can really feel the benefit of the tea everytime you drink it. It's really the best in my opinion, and I suggest you guys try it.

8. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried many different types of teas, black, green and red. As a brand I really enjoy the varieties that Bigelow puts out, they are all of high quality. For your basic breakfast tea I prefer any Twinings over Lipton or Rose. Although I have heard Lipton and Rose teas are of higher quality when you purchase them in the UK as opposed to the US. If you are looking for a good black, and a cheap black to boot I would definitely go for Oolong, the chinese tea. This can usually be found in bulk at asian markets. Another really enjoyable tea is Darjeeling, which is popular in India and touted as the "champagne of teas." If you enjoy green tea, a very pleasant and affordable one is "Legends of China" which they carry at Walmart, and it is organic to boot! Celestial Seasons makes many, many herbal and flavored teas, although you have to read the labels because some of them are "pre-sweetened" or contain artificial flavorings.

9. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I really like chamomile tea. It does help to sleep.

There's no concrete brand, though

10. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm very much a chamomile or a peppermint tea type of person. Essentially, I try to keep away from caffeine in general anyway, so I'm more likely to plump for a fruit tea or any other one that doesn't have caffeine. It grew up drinking very milky tea, just like my mother used to make it. The idea of drinking something like that these days really doesn't appeal at all.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    TAZO is my favorite. When I run out at home, I will break down and buy a .40 bag at Starbucks (LOL). Flavors I recommend are the Chai, Sweet Orange and Passion. I prefer herbal teas but like lattes. Other flavors I like are mint lemon, apple cinnamon and most anything that is naturally sweet. TAZO also has bottled teas that are pretty tasty. My faves are Brambleberry and Giant Peach.

12. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Black tea, usually with milk is a firm favourite here in England. My preferred brand is either Yorkshire Tea or PG Tips. I am not a fan of fruit teas, although I do find chamomile tea to be quite calming, especially during the evenings.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Earl Greys, generic fruit teas, green teas, Oolong - all these are actually my cup of tea (pun-intended). Seriously, what I like about Earl Grey teas is that they easily blend with milk. Other tea varieties taste odd when you add milk but not Earl Grey. Fruit teas are just amazing. There's this Acai Berry tea that everyone's been addicted to. I've been rearing to try it. Green tea is and will always be a given. It's good for your digestion. There's also Oolong if you want a more traditional Japanese feel.

14. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I like unsweetened teas, be it green tea or simple Lipton black tea. I feel that plain and simple brewed tea without cream or sugar gives the most flavor, and is the most healthy as well. I've tried some Chinese teas as well, such as pu erh tea, which is slightly fermented - it has a really strong and enjoyable flavor.

15. tangiblesalt

tangiblesaltNew Member

Threads:
    I love yerba mate. It is an Argentinian drink that is drunk through a bombilla. It is delicious and good for you as long as you don't drink it at extremely high temperatures.

16. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of Chai tea! Now, that's not flavoured Chai or 'blend' Chai. I like a nice heavy, triple, or double spice Chai tea. Straight & dark. No Chai latte or sugar laden mess of a drink. Just straight. It is delicious. However, if I'm drinking cold tea I do not prefer Chai. I prefer a green tea.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite tea is PG Tips, just your regular tea really. I also don't mind Earl Grey. From time to time I also enjoy some fruity herbal teas, but I don't really like them that much. I have to have them with a bit of honey because I don't like their bitter after taste. I also do camomile if I can't sleep or unwind.

18. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite would be herbal tea. Jasmine tea smells really nice, and I prefer to drink it cold rather than hot. The tea that comes in different flavors and scents are good only if they are served hot, I think. And if I cannot get the herbal tea, I would usually just add creamer to my regular tea. I like creamy color that comes out of the combination.

19. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Green tea, green tea and just that. Although I really love tea in general, I would be willingly to trade any of my tea for a green tea. Green tea has the most astonishing effect on me. It relaxes me more as compared with other teas, and its caffeine content is just right, just right. It doesn't make me palpate, no matter how much of it I drink in a day. It also doesn't sting that hard with its taste.

20. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I drink nothing but ordinary sweet tea... Sugar, no lemon. Well, usually no lemon. Generic orange pekoe tea bags, ( almost any brand works).