Your Favorite Kind of Tea

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tulosai • Jan 6, 2015.

1. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite brand of tea is not based on flavour or taste as such but on memories i have from my youth. In the UK we used to have adverts for PG tips tea featuring chimpanzee's as the actors. The commercials were very cleverly put together and amusing, they became a national institution in Britain. I used to collect tea cards featuring the chimps that were given away with the tea also.

Nostalgia then is my main reason for my choice of tea, i have never tried varieties such as Earl Grey, Darjeeling or chamomile. I would be interested in sampling Chinese tea as i am interested in Chinese culture, so i will try it and report on here.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Japanese green tea (ocha) is really tasty. Also many people have suggested that it could have some health benefits, seeing how many Japanese people have really long live expectancies and drink ocha on a daily basis.

3. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    I love Constant Comment. It is a nice spice tea with a good flavor and is great either hot or over ice. It has a wonderful smell. I drink it iced in the summer and hot in the winter. When making iced tea with it, if you make it by the pitcher, you do not need to use all Constant Comment tea bags to the pitcher, you can put just one in with regular tea bags and you get a mild spice flavor. I have been drinking it for years and never get tired of it.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I think the reason I stick with sweet iced tea is I don't enjoy drinking things hot. I have to cool my coffee down with creamer before I can even drink it. These other teas can sound so appetizing but if they don't taste so good cold I just can't drink them.