Your Favorite Local or Lesser Known Soda Brands

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Apr 13, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Coke or Pepsi because I'm tired of their flavors since I've been drinking them all my life. Nowadays I mostly drink only the less popular flavors and brands like Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. I'm curious to hear about what other sodas you guys like besides the top brands of cola.

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I myself have always liked drinking Coke, my favorite soda since I can remember. Although I do sometimes get bored with Coke and drink other sodas just to change it up a bit. Some of the others that I like are , Fanta Orange, Fanta Red, Barritos red, Sunkist orange, root bear and sometimes i might drink a sprite or mountain dew.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I only bother with soda if it's one of the lesser known ones. One that I like is Boylan. I don't know if that's local to NYC or if it's more widespread, but it's much tastier than Coke. The only thing is that it's more expensive, and it's not super widespread, even here. It's a bit of a rarity.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This got me thinking about those New York Seltzer's from the 80's. Does anyone remember those? I used to love a lot of the different flavors they had. I've been trying to ween myself off of soda, particularly over the past year - so any changes I've made to my drinking habits has largely been a migration towards iced tea instead.

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am a Pepsi addict, so i definitely like the name brands. But I like other lesser known sodas too. Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer is my favorite!

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I imagine that if you're trying to wean off soda, then seltzer is a decent middle step.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper are less popular? Maybe it's living in the South. That said I have Cheerwine, Big Red, Mello Yello, Nehi, Shasta, and Sun Drop.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally have mello yello, blue sky and jones. :)

9. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Here in Michigan we have Faygo pop. It is just the best, And it is actually alot cheaper than the other name brand pops. One of my favorites that they have is the cream soda. It is different than any other flavored soda. The Faygo orange pop is good too. And then sometimes we will have the A and W root beer. The kids love to get vanilla ice cream and add it to the root beer. My older son loves grape pop. I really do not care for it. But that is one of his favorites.

10. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I am not a major soda drinker. If I do buy any, I tend to go for the the supermarket's generic brands rather than any of the "big names". I doubt the taste is hugely different and they are a lot cheaper. The only times I buy the "big name" sodas are if they are part of a deal at a fast food or pizza place. Other than that, I see no reason to spend more money on basically the same drink in a different can.

11. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I love A&W rootbeer! I am not a fan of cola, like coke and pepsi. Actually, I am living a healthy life and cutting off some calories so I am drinking water most of the time, but in some occasssion when I crave for some sweet drinks, A&W is the one I look for. Also, since only few restaurants carry this brand, it is also an excuse for me to just go back to water.

12. carclain

carclainNew Member

Threads:
    Mellow Yellow and Dr. Pepper, greatest 2 lesser-known sodas I have ever tasted. Really cheap prices too!

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think Dr. Pepper is lesser known. It's like the oldest soda in the US or something, it was even featured in the movie Forrest Gump!

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't like the taste of Coke and Sprite, so I prefer Pepsi, Mug Rootbeer, and Sarsi. My favorite softdrink of all time would be rootbeer, it tastes much better than any softdrink out there for me.