Your Favorite Morning Music

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 30, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love hearing music first thing in the morning, but I'm honestly very picky with my selection during this time since it's the morning and I'm not usually feeling very lively yet and sometimes I'm even grumpy from having to wake up earlier than I would normally like to. That said, it's why I choose my alarm music very carefully. It has to be loud enough that it still wakes me but it has to be relaxing enough that it doesn't make me rage so early in the morning.

I've been drawing a blank recently though and have been sticking to mostly generic jazz or classical tunes so I'm hoping to get some suggestions from our members here on what are the best songs to play early in the morning.

2. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to listen to lively music when I wake up because it seems to put me in a better, more positive mood for the day. I have heard that putting your favorite song as your alarm will spoil the song therefor I have a custom sound set up.

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Morning means work hours for me. I like listening to ambient and electronic music while working. Recently, somebody recommended to me Study Music Project. You guys might want to check it out. It's my favorite playlist right now. I feel like I'm always in the flow while listening to all the songs in SMP.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to upbeat songs in the morning to get me amped up. Basically i play them songs when I'm working out or when i run in the mornings. I have a playlist in my iPhone where i have all songs compiled for upbeat mornings which has all kinds of artist in it. -.-

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like electronic dance music, Japanese pop music or K pop first thing in the morning because it gives me an energy boost to get stuff done.
    I have a hard time getting moving in the morning so energetic music helps.

6. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I like to get up to good old fashioned country music. One of my favorites is Toby Keith. And since my Dallas Cowboys have been winning this year, I rock out to "Should've Been a Cowboy" a lot lately in the mornings!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like waking up to relaxing music. I don't normally wake up early so setting the alarm for me is a matter of form. The tune which normally wakes me up is Jingle Bells and I usually let it play for a little bit before I get up. After that I'll play some inspirational gospel music.