Your Favorite Movie Villain

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Mar 1, 2014.

1. Steve

SteveMember

Threads:
    Exactly!! Although i preferred the directors choice in the first trilogy to keep Vader's past in the dark, that way he was to me a real mystery villain with a booming voice and unspeakable powers! In my opinion the second trilogy shattered some of this mystery (I don't even want to mention the abomination of Jar Jar)

2. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    Jack Sparrow of Pyrites of the Caribbean. He is so sexy. I liked him because he was so cute and funny. That is one ship I would have liked to have been on as long as he was with me. That girl was so lucky to be stranded on an island with him. Johnny Depp can play any part, and he is always so good at it.

3. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    Favorite villain would have to be anton from the movie "no country for old men". If you've seen the movie, you'd instantly understand fully, why I picked this character even if you have a different favorite villain of your own. This character didn't embody pure evil or cold darkness. No....he simply WAS pure evil. The moments when he was simply TALKING (not even killing or torturing) to the store clerk were some of the most creepiest moments of film I've witnessed.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Great choice! I honestly didn't connect with that movie as much as some of my other favorites but I agree that this villain was very well designed and a perfect match for Arnold's character, not only in appearance but in his abilities as well because the Terminator is huge and powerful but he was very slick and compact.

I love this choice as well, thanks for reminding me. I always liked Magneto because he wasn't a straight up villain like most others. He has his agendas and they may be misplaced but they come from a sincere need for self preservation.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure I have one because I only watch movies with comedy in them. If I had to name one, it would probably be Hades. James Woods is awesome in that. In the classic Disney movies, this is where I definitely feel like the villains are often better than the protagonists.

6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    If I were an Ancient Greek, I would worship Loki ... I mean; I'd worship THE WHOLE PANTHEON, but Loki-worship would probably be the most fun.

In that spirit, Loki (from the THOR movies & from The Avengers) would be AMONG my favorites, but also any villain played by Jim Carrey (who is famous for a character who was named for the Mask that Zeus had trapped Loki in).

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Kill Bill Vol. 1, I actually liked O-Ren Ishii. I kind of wished that she could have defected and become a good person, but she was simply too far along. Her past was tragic, really. I was almost a bit sad when she died. Still, that had to be done. The Bride had to exact her revenge.

8. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I personally always find that the villains are my favorite characters in any tv show, film, or book. We always know that the good guy is good because of (insert reason here), but I love it when it takes ages to figure out a villains motives. Why? What happened? Did they use to be considered a "good guy"? Or do they just have no reason, which makes them even better as a villain. Evil can be evil, and good can be good, they don't have to share their qualities.

As for my favorite villains, I would have to say that Lord Voldemort a.k.a Tom Riddle is one of my all time favorites. For a character that is shown to be obsessed with purity of blood its ironic that he himself is not. He's a character that becomes evil to the core because of his actions. He wants power, he gains power, but then the power consumes him and he is the villain we see him as. I've always loved the fact that you can directly parallel Lord Voldemort to Adolf Hitler. There have been countless comparisons made but this is one of my favorites because it makes his actions that much more realistic and terrifying because of the history that we know.

I have to agree that Heath Ledger as The Joker was one of the best villains I've seen on screen. The fact that The Joker never really gives reasoning for his actions makes him a great villain. You can't figure him out.

I would have to say that I do enjoy a good Disney villain as well. Especially if they come off as a hero in the beginning. I remember everyone losing their minds in the theater when Prince Hans was revealed as the villain in Frozen last year. The gasps and everything was perfect. I enjoy a good twist, and Hans ended up being a fairly good pretender.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I agree, although he does want to harm humans unlike Professor X, so I think he has become callous and a stone-cold villain eventually.

#29Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite villain is Sauron from Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. The reason is that the Dark-Lord, in my opinion, is a reflection of our own inner dark-side we suppress and repress psychologically, which Sauron uses the One Ring's power to provoke such malignancy out of people i.e. Galadriel was depicted to show this in LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, when she and Frodo were talking to each other, and, Gollum most certainly exhibited dualistic personalities throughout the films.

The greatest enemy a man or woman has, is not other humans or external forces, but their own selves.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow I never really thought about the comparison to Hitler. It is very interesting. I shouldn't be surprised because Harry Potter can be a very deep/confusing series. I love Harry Potter movies a lot so I am okay with all the characters except Hermoine and wouldn't say I like the villains more

12. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I like Maleficent. I mean she wasn't a bad person at all but the circumstances that she was under made her evil. I love her because even though she did some terrible things at first she was able to fix it. She's the best villain ever and the fact that Angelina Jolie played the part makes it even better. :)

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I almost forgot. In Kill Bill Vol.2, Bill, himself, was a cool villain. Don't get me wrong, he was a terrible person, but I liked his old fashioned way of handling things. Besides, he was once a kinder person to Beatrix (A.K.A. The Bride). If he weren't so evil, I'd think he was cool.