Your Favorite Potato Dish Or Snack

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Nov 23, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love potatoes, mostly because my most favorite things in the world are potato chips, mashed potatoes, potato salad, and french fries. If I had to choose only one that I could eat forever, I'd probably choose french fries, but I'd hate to give up the other ones. :D What's your favorite potato dish or snack?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's gonna sound cliche, but I love french fries. Potato chips are also awesome. :) By the way, I've recently been surprised that a local store brand chips actually taste better than Lay's..

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is a tough one since I am a potato junkie. I would have to say home fries though, the kind you would get at some greasy spoon diner, cooked on a well seasoned grill that picks up all the flavors of everything else that has been cooking on it all day. I love fries, but you can get them just about anywhere. Finding places that make good home fries can sometimes be more of a challenge.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like mashed potatoes I can eat it all day long and never get tired lol. I also like French fries to snack on as well but I only like home made or mcdonalds fries I won't eat those frozen fries they just don't taste right to me.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only potato dishes I really like would be french fries or potato salad. I make my own potato salad often. Chips are good but something I don't get too often because of the amount of salt.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Got to agree with you on that, french fries are really, really good, and they go good with almost everything. I also like mashed potatoes, they never go bad if you mix some peas and some chicken.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This got me curious, what store brand is it? I love Lay's, but ever since they changed their oil it hasn't been as good, and I've been meaning to find a good substitute. :)

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I think everyone loves french fries, when they are well done they are the best. I have a new favorite fries, they're called Camponesas and they are the best. :)

01083061_320_252.

9. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Pretty much anything made out of potatoes is delicious. I am partial to french fries though. Nothing like munching down on some chili cheese fires.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I love potatoes too. This comfort food is not only delicious, but a mood booster.

I prepare a potato hash that's very tasty and inexpensive. Here's how:

1. Peel 3 potatoes
    2. Cut them into small cubes
    3. Season them with salt and pepper
    4. Place potatoes into a heated pan with a 1/4 cup of onions and 1/2 stick of butter
    5. Cook covered on medium heat
    6. Flip occasionally until the potatoes are translucent
    7. Turn heat up and brown each side
    8. Top with cheese and/or sour cream/ranch dip

Trust me. You will enjoy making your potatoes in this manner.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do agree that anything made from potatoes is great. My favorite potato dish is potato salad.

My favorite potato chip brand is Kettle. The blow Lays out of the water.

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a local European store brand - Kaufland. Their salted chipsa re not really good, but the Chilli and Cheese flavours are pretty great.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love french fries and potato chips. Though not really my favorites, I don't mind eating mashed potatoes and hash browns.

14. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    You could never go wrong with potato chip or french fries. My favorite brand of potato chips are Lays :). However, if I have to choose my favorite potato snack between the two of these choices I would probably go with french fries especially from McDonalds.

15. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Call me ms Plain Jane (thats not really my name) But I really do love a good old baked potato with some butter salt pepper and some parsley! It gets the job done if I'm on a budget or just dont have time to get to the store for the night. If you look around the web though there really are a great amount of recipes available online for baked potatoes and potatoes in general!

16. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i love Aloo paratha, french fries and aloo chat. These three are the most favorite potato dish of my.

17. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite potato dish is potato wedges. I don't think I could go the rest of my life without ever eating a potato wedge again. The ones you get from the deli are the best. I have tried making potato wedges myself at home, but nothing compares to the ones that you get from the deli. They are so amazing. They never fail to disappoint.

18. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Chips (as in British meaning) are my favorite, although potato wedges are similar and also very nice. For a sort of small snack though potato salad is probably what I would normally go for, luckily there are loads of things you can make with potatoes though.

19. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Potatoes are amazing! I would definitely choose to just have my microwave baked potatoes all the time. I put tons of vegetables, cheese, and even chicken sometimes all over it, and it makes such a tasty and filling meal. Definitely a go-to dish for me!

20. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    There used to be a place called Benita's Fritas in Santa Monica that made the NY (or double-fried) fries. Thick and soft but crunchy at the same time. They also had a garlic mayo as one of many dips. I've tried doing this at home but making the garlic mayo is easier than frying.