Your favorite rewards card

Discussion in Credit Cards started by hunysukle • Jun 17, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    With all the rewards credit cards out there, which do you prefer? Do you use Chase, Capital One, or some other card?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    It isn't the best rate of return, but I have the Disney reward card. It's only 1 percent back in Disney dollars. I know lots of other cards have better rewards programs. We have small kids so it's a wonderful excuse to go to Disney. I used a cash back card for a few years but never seemed to spend enought to get much cash back. The more you spent in a month qualified you for a higher percent cash back. The highest rate I ever had was .3. Not worth it. Plus I charged everything on the card trying to earn more cash back. I'm sure I oversent just trying to earn cash back.

3. pippa01

pippa01New Member

Threads:
    American Express is my favorite because of low interest rates.

4. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    My parents do the card through LL Bean. They earn gift certificates and put all their bills on their card to maximize their rewards. They pay it off monthly, so this is perfect for them and my kids benefit with new coats and clothes.

5. sotally

sotallyNew Member

Threads:
    AmEx Blue. I have an old version that pays 5% on grocery/gas/drug stores then 1% on everything else with no annual fee, but there's a newer version that has even better rates, but an annual fee. I've had plenty of other cards, but this one has been by far the best return on spending. Your mileage may vary if you don't put everything on the CC like I do, but it does have an excellent return.

6. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I only use two credit cards - I don't see a reason for me to have any more. Right now, I have a Capital One Cash-back credit card and I have an Amazon credit card (which is through Chase). The cash-back one is great because I get 1% cash back on all purchases (and 2% if it's grocery stores or gas).

The Amazon card is really great - 3 points per dollar on Amazon, 2 points per dollar on other purchases (I forget the specifics...), and 1 point per dollar on everything else. I personally do a great deal of shopping on Amazon, so the 3 points to a dollar is great. Sometimes, those with Amazon credit cards will get MORE points on special deals or promotions on Amazon. All the points, however, are most easily used on Amazon again (100 points = 1 dollar on Amazon). My plan so far has been to use the Amazon card as normal, and use the points for gifts throughout the year!