Your Favorite Slowcooker Meals

Discussion in Food & Drink started by animos • Jun 6, 2016.

1. animos

animosNew Member

Threads:
    I love using a slowcooker for meals, I can throw a few things in and come back a few hours later to something delicious. I usually will make a full pot of something over the weekend and have that at work for lunch for the entire week, it's great not having to plan out my lunches and prevents the temptation of eating out. What are your go-to meals? My two favorites are pot roast and BBQ pulled chicken and here's an excellent recipe I use for the latter:

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love using the slow cooker to make meals in the winter. It's so great to come home and have that smell of supper cooking and not have to prepare anything. I like to make pot roast, pulled pork and stews in the crock pot. I'm always in a rush in the mornings so I usually get everything ready the night before and assemble it. Then put it in the refrigerator. In the morning I just drop it in and set the cook time for 8 hours. It's so easy and quick. The meals always turn out quite tasty. Here is the pot roast recipe I use.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Aunt when living cooked constantly in her slow cooker so when she came home from work she'd have a meal all ready for the family to eat. Ate at her house and ate a pot roast that was melt off the fork from her slow cooker. That's my favorite meal pot roast. I miss it and miss my Aunt. We don't have a slow cooker, but wish we had one.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For me it would be most stew recipes like local dishes since that is what I grew up with. Back then we were a lot more dependent on just using the stove though and considering stews usually take up to 6 hours or more to tenderize the meat it wasn't exactly the most pleasant process, not to mention I'm highly paranoid just leaving the stove on for that long so I constantly have to go back and check just so I could be sure nothing has gone wrong. Slow cookers allow me to just leave it for as long as I would like similar to rice cookers, and it really is convenient especially considering that stews aren't the type where of dish where it would be very noticeable when you cook it in a different type of pot or pan.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like using the slow cooker when the weather is cool. I have made a lot of good soups and chilis in there. The thing that I have liked the best though was a spaghetti and Italian sausage dish. It was really awesome. I would make that again in a heartbeat. The spaghetti just incorporated all the flavors and it was really really good. One of the best things I have ever made, honestly.