Your Favorite Type Of Pasta Dish

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • May 13, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't really eat pasta that much, there are a lot of other dishes that I like a lot more. But I do enjoy it, and the few times that I do eat it, I find myself enjoying Carbonara and Lasagna the most. I don't prepare them, though, I just order it in restaurants or my friends cook it sometimes too. What are some of your favorite pasta dishes and do you like to prepare them yourself?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how to cook, so I can't prepare any dishes by myself, lol. But my favorite pasta dishes would be lasagna, spaghetti, macaroni and macaroni salad. I don't like carbonara that much.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've had carbonera once or twice and I liked it but it's not my favorite. I love lasagna but I've never tried to prepare it. The best I can do is stuffed shells, haha, but I like those a lot so it works out.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I like a good fettuccini alfredo and I don't seem to ever make it myself so when we go out to eat, I do tend to order it. Spaghetti seems to be the one pasta dish that I make myself on a regular basis and after all these years, I do make a pretty good sauce. Lasagna seems to take a lot of work (and a lot of dirty dishes) to make so I will usually make at least two big ones at the same time and freeze one for later.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Part of my heritage is italian and that is why I really enjoy that kind of food. In particular, I prefer all kinds of noodles and my favorite sauce to accompany this pasta is bolognese sauce. The ravioli and sorrentinos are also a very interesting option, but I like it less often. The gnocchi are a classic in the usual menu of my home. With the italian blood running through my veins I get the chance to enjoy such a special meal. It's a bit early to write about food, I have hungry. :eek:

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Pasta.. one of my biggest weaknesses. Add cheese to the mix and I need a 12 step program. My favorite is ravioli or lasagna, I can't really choose. And yes, I make it from scratch, I eat as little processed foods as possible and nothing beats fresh, so that means everything from scratch, from the pasta to the sauce.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I love making tuna & pasta because it is so easy to make. I just get some pasta shells, some sauce and some tuna and within about 10 minutes I've got a lovely meal. :)

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite pasta is just macaroni and cheese with real cheese, not the boxed stuff.
    I also like spaghetti and meatballs. I'm more of a fan of Asian food so I don't eat a lot of Italian pasta.

9. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I make lasagna about once every two weeks. I use organic ingredients and often vegetarian meat...it is so good! I think the secret to making awesome lasagna is to use lots of cheese. The great thing about lasagna is that it leaves great leftovers and is so easy to make!
    I also have a severe weakness for pesto so I often put together some pesto pasta for a quick dinner!

10. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    I love penne pasta in red gravy

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably ricotta cavatelli with meatballs. I pretty much always make my own sauce and meatballs from scratch, but when I'm really up for it I will also make the cavatelli as well too.

12. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I love Lasagna and Chinese Rice with Sweet and Sour.. Yummy! But if you say fast food, there is nothing that could compare with Pizza...