Your Favorite Ways To Save Money?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Ray1 • Nov 11, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Since we know the financial condition the world is facing today so we all have a way to save money? I don't say that we should start saving from scratch but what about cutting cost and save some for rainy season? Do you go for discount purchasing or search for coupons to save same money or spend without thinking about hard times which we all face sometimes or the other?

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite ways to save money is simply having a jar,box or case around the house and simply saving it up for a rainy day. Another way I enjoy saving money is just having a couple of small online jobs and saving it on paypal for a later time. It is best not to touch either one for a while.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    These days cashback and the discount sites are in my view a lot. You can see that those are going to save you a lot of money. You can also buy seasonal so that you don't have to worry about money drain issue for longer. You can get more control over your finances this way. I have tried this method and so far this seems to be working out for me. I can tell you that some of the time such method can make things lot easier.

4. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    One of the best ways that I've learnt to save money is by reducing cost of miscellaneous expenses. It's not always a fair way to spend money on things that I don't really need as long as I can afford them in the future as well. The reason is that I can save up funds and use for other ventures or business opportunities as well.

5. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    My favorite way to save money is to separate a part of my wage to invest in fixed income before to start my obligatory payments.

If I waited to invest with my rest of money, I will probably sabotage my monthly budget.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have started saving recently after starting to earn. The best way to save is to totally avoid purchasing things you don't need. You can also avoid buying low quality things to avoid maintenance cost and cost of replacing. I prefer to save and buy high quality things so they can last.

It is always tempting to buy things I won't need for long but that is part of life. We have to make few mistakes before we make wise choices.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    There are many ways of saving money. I once tried saving it on the bank. The interest was too small. I tried saving it in a piggy bank. It won't be consistent for I had to break it when I needed the money. It is impossible for me to consider any saving ways as a favorite. Right now what I am doing since my pension is debited to my debit card, I just leave the extra money from out monthly budget.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love saving money, so I buy on sales. Safeway, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, local supermarkets like Foodland, Times & Don Quiote or Marukai Wholesale Mart, have weekly sales so I look for the ads online and make my list. We have New Years coming up right after Christmas that's big for Asians. We have special things to buy and do. Luckily Don Quiote & Marukai Wholesale Mart has all our needs covered. Then there's Chinatown, has some of our Asian celebrations needs too. I always hunt for in-store bargains too which is so cheap prices it's great! Sales and in-store specials saves me money all the time.

9. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite way of saving is buying insurance plans. When you buy an insurance plan, you will do mandatory saving by paying the premium. Voluntary saving like saving in the bank acocunt generally does not work because you wull alwsys give less priority to save money on your bank account.

10. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite way of saving was putting aside a little money and hiding it in a place where I couldn't reach easily. But after the recent demonetisation, I changed my saving into savings account in a bank which I had previously too but didn't take it much seriously. But after all the policy changes and reducing interests given by the banks, I am considering putting money into mutual funds!They are much better and give a better yield.

11. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite way to save money is the most used method for people, which is to use a piggy bank. Every day, I drop coin/s that I saved up for the day. At the end of the year, I was so shocked that I saved up a lot of money. Another way to save money is to buy what I only need. I don't want to buy want I want that I don't really need.

12. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I gave up to the gym to save money, as well I am traveling by common transportation than using my own car and we eat at home and avoid expensive restaurants. I have also thought to use only one refrigerator (I am using two at the moment), and wash by hand small stuff.