Your Favourite Bathing Soap

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by tonyb • Oct 26, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I discovered the best bathing soap for me is medicated soap precisely Dettol. Before now I have used several other types of soaps, though they were fine but looks as if they are not the better choice for people with high body metabolism or those that do work heavily. Thorough use of medicated soaps will kill germs and odours or body odours and leaves your body fresh. Good enough they are easily affordable.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I really haven't heard of medicated soap but I'm using Dove bath soap since it has a moisturizing effect and it smells really good. I think it's a good one since it has a beneficial effect to our metabolism. May I ask where did you bought it and for how much? I might be able to check it out. Thanks! :)

3. stream26

stream26New Member

Threads:
    Baxter of California Italian Lime and Bergamont bars

I love the scent, it's a light summer scent with a masculine spice to it. Leaves me feeling really clean

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Palmolive anytime but since it is no longer available in my area I prefer Lux.

Palmolive is creamy texture and the smell is unbeatable! I wish it was available locally!

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In fact soap has nothing more to do than cleaning our body. It can’t moisturize our skin that much as being advertised. But on the other hand soaps with strong scents and low TFM% (Total Fatty Matter) can damage our skin. I would usually look for TFM% in a soap and aim at something higher than 80%. Soap with TFM% of 60 can harm our skin very badly. So I think TFM is the best indicator of the quality of soap. Medicated soaps are even more dangerous as it easily kills friendly bacteria making our skin vulnerable for many skin issues.

Russia has been instrumental in banning various luxury brands of soaps there which is really deceiving the customers. Luxury handmade soaps are gaining momentum in Russia as they discourage big corporates cheating people with fake advertisements. All soaps are detergent based and it is better to avoid is over usage. Better switch over to herbal ingredients which can also save a lot of money.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I always keep bars of Dial soap in the shower. It's antibacterial, and it smells fresh. I usually grab the original. I can pick it up at most dollar stores, two bars for a dollar.

For myself, I usually use body wash. I have dry skin. If not body wash, I use Oil of Olay bar soap. I really like this brand, and it does make a difference with my skin. I like the scent of these products as well, and they are affordable.

I first found the bar when I was going on a trip. I didn't want to bring the big bottle of liquid, so I was happy to find that they also had this option. It's much handier for bringing along, and it still works great.

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Not so easily affordable, but my favourite are Lush products for the bath. They use natural ingredients and they make your bathroom smell absolutely divine. I first came across Lush about 15 years ago and became totally addicted. I use their soap, bath bombs, bar shampoo and henna as well as their skin products. Recently, though, I have started researching natural alternatives that I can make from items I already have in my kitchen.

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think Dettol can be gotten virtually everywhere. You can ask for any other make of anti bacteria soap from your local pharmacy. It is fine if you chose to combine the soap with other non antiseptics.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have just started using a soap manufactured by Patanjaly, one of the largest Ayurvedic products manufacturers in the world. It has Aloe Vera and Neem as main ingredients besides other useful natural products and no soda or chemicals.

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks! I'll probably check that out. However, I don't think there's one from our pharmacy since I haven't seen something like it so perhaps I'll just get it from an online shop. Anyway, how long does it usually last and does it melt pretty fast? What about the smell of it? Or is it fragrant-free? And are there any products similar to it if ever I won't be able to afford it then still I'll have an alternative :D

11. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Patanjali brand for more than 6 months now and they have some wonderful products. My favorite Patanjali soap is their Neem based one and that is very effective in cleaning your body and Neem is anti-bacterial in a natural way. They have almost all FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) products which are not pricey too. But here the main issue is the non-availability of products due to huge demand so I ordered some items through Amazon. Then I have to bear the courier charges too which makes is a little bit costly but cheaper than other brands.

I heard that their Aloe Vera soap is also doing well in the market. Finally we got somebody to challenge those greedy corporates whose product quality is only visible in their advertisements.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer any neutral soap. They are soft and unscented, which prevents my skin from becoming irritated. I used to use scented soap before and will notice that my skin would be dry even though I used the creamy kind of soap. Then I realized that the perfumes were the ones causing the problem so I opted for neutral which is also great for acne.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case, I live so close to the original source of manufacturing which is less than 2 hours drive from my place besides I go there often as it is on the way to Haridwar, one of my favorite places I can always collect all the Patanjali products especially designed and manufactured for well being and healthier life. I can see the number of people visiting the place increasing in my every visit.

14. AlexZ

AlexZMember

Threads:
    I am a die-hard fan of the Bath & Body Works body washes! I find them to be moisturizing and they come in so many different amazing scents. One of my current favorite body washes from there is called Summer Marshmallow. At the drugstore, I really love the Nivea body washes- those are incredible too.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I think Dettol is only available in the Middle East, right? My cousin uses their products. As for me, my fave brand would be Safeguard, since it's a good brand and that's what my parents buy as well.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My soaps keep changing with the time so there is none as my favorite but I can tell you that it used to be Pears, then I used Dove for a prolonged period but now I am using Patanjali soap having aloe Vera as its main ingredient.

17. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I like dove, but nowadays I feel that pears is better than dove. There is a feeling of dryness even after washing your face with dove, but I don't get this feeling with pears. I think for winter pears is better.

18. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    My favourite bathing soap is bar soap.Surprisingly, it is not recommended for washing the face due to its high alkaline content. I wash my face using pure water which is recommended by hygienists. Bar soap is cheap especially for larges sizes and also multipurpose unlike toilet soap which are only used for bathing. Another advantage of bar soap is that it lathers easily saving on s costs as you are also likely to use less water. The icing on the cake is the fact that you can manufacture it at home using easily available ingredients.

19. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I use a special soap created from tomato peelings. It's specially made for acne and fragile skin. My skin isn't too fragile but after using it for a while, I haven't gotten acne since. It's a soap by Asepxia which specializes in acne prevention products. I recommend it. I use it for my entire body.

[​IMG]

20. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like soaps that has aloe vera, but we use Dove for hydration. I wish Dove has an aloe vera in their soaps. We need to have soaps that hydrates for we are older now. I hope Dove will have aloe vera soon. I shop at Walmart, where I found Dove is the cheapest, so I save a lot of money. I use Dove's coupon that comes in the Sunday newspaper ads to save more money.