Your go to website for FREE learning

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by prettycolors • Jun 26, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I've just recently started learning Java and use

. Everything is neatly organized and the lesson progression is pretty good.
    For foreign languages I'm using

. The lessons are great, containing a mix of written, spoken and drawn words to help speed the learning.

The two resources I named are free and work well for learning programming and foreign languages.

What's your go to 'free' website for learning this n that?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It actually depends on what you're learning.

is probably the most comprehensive source for learning materials in virtually every [academic] discipline. I used it once when I was learning how to use Blender for 3D modeling and it was relatively good though it didn't have everything that was needed to make one an expert. But as a starting point it's a great place.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like bonjour.com for learning French. It is a free site and they give you the pronunciation phonetically.

4. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of university level courses on Coursera (not sure if it was .com or .org) They have excellent courses, a lot of them in subjects like Math, Literature, Astronomy, etc. I completely recommend them, I am sure they have something for everybody's taste. The only trouble I have is that I don't always get time for them, but otherwise they are excellent.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now I'm trying to learn how to build your own desktop pc from scratch, and I also want to learn how to repair my broken phones by myself, so Youtube is my current go to site for learning all these stuff. Watching someone who demonstrates how to do it is much easy than just reading the instructions even if they have pictures on a random website.