Your Opinion on Leather Jackets?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kingusama92 • Jun 1, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    This can go for both men and women.

Do you like the look of leather jackets? Do you own a pair?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I do not own a leather jacket. I got freaked out when I learned where the leather came from. So, now I try not to use leather products. Which reminds me I need to get a new wallet (which I saw is also made of leather).

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have one leather jacket and I like it. I think it is cool and I feel like a hot guy wearing it. Some say it's true so I usually wear it when I go out and hang out with friends on some clubs. :)

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Depends on the weather. It's this on and off feeling I get where sometimes, I think I can pull it off and sometimes I think I look like a washed-up Fonzie. lol

5. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I actually love leather jackets on both men and women. The issue I have is finding the perfect weather to wear it depending on how heavy or how light the material is.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have quite a few. I love them. I like knowing that it will usually well made and keep me warm. For the most part, it takes an oddly shaped person to not be able to wear leather successfully. Unfortunately, I have had the misfortune of seeing those oddly shaped people in their leather.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Not everyone can pull them off :p I don't have one, just because I don't think I'd look good on them.

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a fake leather jacket, and it looked good for about three years. It eventually started peeling and I had to throw it away. However, real leather jackets make an edgy fashion statement. I personally love the look of a fitted leather jacket, but I don't like that leather is made from animals. Plus, leather is cold in the winter.

9. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    I ususally buy lightweight leather jackets to wear during the spring or layer during the fall. Actually the last two jackets I bought were "leather like" so I didn't pay as much as a real leather jacket would costs and I get just as many compliments.

10. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I do not like leather jackets and I do not own one.

I'm pretty surprised that leather jackets seem to be going out of style. I don't see a lot of people wearing one, which is, I guess, a good thing.

The whole leather jacket thing just reminds me of The Fonz from "Happy Days." For some reason, I can't trust someone wearing a leather jacket. I presume because leather is smooth and slick and it makes me assume people are trying to accomplish the same thing.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a leather jacket which I got for my birthday a few years ago. I thought it was the sexiest thing in the world. It's a pity that I can't afford to buy another one for myself, because I absolutely would. My boyfriend at the time had a leather jacket as well. I always felt like we looked like the cast of the Matrix coming down the street, haha!

12. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    No I really hate the feel of leather and I sometimes think it looks cheesy.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I they are must-haves especially if you want to look edgy. For some reason, anyone who wears it looks extra cool! So yeah, I'm pro-leather jackets!

14. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    You are right. I think wearing leather jackets are cool and hot at the same time especially on nightly parties. I noticed that some friends are saying that I look better wearing a leather jacket than a coat with a hoody. :D They say that leather jacket makes me more masculine. :D

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like leather jackets I tried one on in the store, and it weighted me down. The fabric is too heavy, and I don't like the way I look. I think that's more of a biker type look. Some people can pull it off, and others can't.

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    There are too many styles and cuts of leather to not be able to find one that you look good in, aren't weighed down by or looks stereotypical. A leather jacket or coat is almost essential in a wardrobe.

17. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I don't own one and I don't think I ever will. It isn't something for me even though I have seen some women that look good in them.

18. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I have this somewhat gothic leather jacket I bought from Japan recently (it was designed by my favorite Japanese singer), and I love it. Though where I live, they can be pretty hot to wear when on a casual outing, but I usually wear it with me when I'm at an event where the AC is up max. It surely does the trick.

Also, I kind of find it attractive to see guys in a leather jacket :).

19. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I think leather jackets are cool.. if you're a bike riding, free spirited, rocker chick! I never had the chance to buy a leather jacket because i can't find the perfect weather and the perfect occasion to wear it.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure do. I actually own both fall jackets and my heavy winter coat is leather. While they're not exactly the easiest to care for sometimes, especially if you're in a wet area, I prefer the sleek look usually. Even dressed down, a leather coat tends to look more dressed up without effort.