Your Opinion on Leather Jackets?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by kingusama92 • Jun 1, 2012.

1. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I love the look of leather jackets. I've never owned one myself. I usually just buy fake leather jackets.

2. maryelnroach

maryelnroachNew Member

Threads:
    There are many type of jackets available in markets. I have great collection of jackets. But I like most leather jackets. Because its look too good, cool and fashionble. As well as leather jackets is comfortable and suitable for me.

#22Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  3. psmith140

psmith140New Member

Threads:
    I love the smell of leather, but to be honest, I don't like leather jackets that much! For some reason I always associate them with bikers and punks, and I don;'t think they ever look sharp. Personally I like suits and smart jackets. But apparently leather jackets are making a comeback they stock them in a lot of stores in town (like topman).

4. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    Leather jackets are definitely one of my favourite types of jackets, I'm a male and an ectomorph so it really suits my body shape.

I just think that Leather is an absolutely wonderful material and its rough or earthy feel is just wonderful and adds a lot of definition to someone's style.

One thing that annoys me about leather jackets is the price!

Emporio Armani jackets all cost over $1000, which is about an extra $600 compared to their cotton and other jackets!

5. alid1

alid1New Member

Threads:
    I used to have one, when I was a teenager and it was super warm. I don't own one now. I hate the smell of leather, and I have not seen one in years that I thought was cute. I also don't want to have a jacket that you have to protect from certain weather elements. I will stick with my $30.00 JCPENNEY jackets! One thing for sure about leather is that it is very warm.

#25Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  6. adriana2012

adriana2012New Member

Threads:
    I don't really like leather jackets and I don't own one either.
    Leather jackets although have a long life are very expensive and I prefer buying other type of clothes.
    I also don't find leather jackets very comfortable...this is my opinion
    Lots of people wear leather clothes... every person has a style

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think they are a must have. I use to have a leather jacket but somehow I let it get away from me and I haven't found that particular style again. But when I do find one I will buy it all over again. It was really kool and I just loved it. Now I do have leather coats and they have to be made a certain way before I will purchase one. So I do have two of them with the belts on both, a double breasted, a single breasted and they are sharp to wear when you are well dressed. They are not the long ones but more like a Peacoat but a little longer.

#27Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  8. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the quality of the leather and how it looks. A brand new shiny leather jacket looks pretty ridiculous to me. A matt colored leather jacket without any fancy zips or patterns looks okay.

9. masud

masudNew Member

Threads:
    Karmaloop rep code is a nice code. Who use this code he gets a better feeling. Karmaloop rep code is very easy to use. The karmaloop rep code is also very comfortable and soft.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have a lightweight leather jacket, and I always feel smart and fashionable when I wear it. I bought it in Turkey, so it wasn't very expensive, although it's well made and they altered the sleeves to fit for free. My son has a full length leather coat which he had made in Hong Kong, and again, it was made to fit. If you're going to a country where leather goods are a speciality, invest in a leather jacket or coat - you'll get a great deal, and if it's tailored to your shape, it will look great and last for years.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I only buy the very best in leather no matter what I'm buying. Both of my coats are lambskin and it is so soft and supple until you can fold it up and put it in your purse if it's big enough. When you feel it, it's like the feel of a soft babies blanket. I don't buy anything in that hard or so called pleather leather. It has to be the real thing or it's a no-go for me. I wish I could afford to go to another country to buy leather goods because that is what I love to wear in the cold season, maybe in the future I will be able to do so along with the leather purses to match.

12. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I used to really like leather jackets. I don't as much now and I can't wear them that often either now that I live in Florida. I do own one still. It's a tan colored long leather jacket that's more of a formal style. I only use it during winter when I'm going out for an occasion where I need to dress up.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love leather a jacket. I think leather jackets are sexy. They can be dressy or dressed down. I used to own are rather nice jacket, but it was ruined when I sat down on something that couldn't be removed.

14. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    I don't yet own one but i want one! I think they look great :)

15. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    It's usually hot from where I am at, so I never really considered buying a leather jacket. I don't think it would suit the weather. And I never really thought that I can rock the leather jacket look. But I do see other people who look good on it, but it's really not for me.

16. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Most leather jackets look dated or cheap. I dont usually like the look but the function makes since.

17. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I think leather jackets look good on some people, but I am not one of them. I just feel silly in it. I did have one when I was younger, but stopped wearing it after seeing myself wearing it in pictures. I doubt I'd buy one again.

18. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I have one leather jacket and I love it. It looks great on me and I wear it quite often. I don't really like wearing long leather coats.

19. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of leather jackets, at least not on me. I don't mind the look of them on other people, but there are only certain people who leather looks good on. I honestly do not like the feel of leather, so I wouldn't even get leather seats in my car. I like the look of a black leather or at least a dark brown rather than a light brown or tan.

20. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Leather jackets and coats are very stylist and I assumed that most all people loved the feel of leather. It might be that you haven't got to feel the real soft leather. Now there is the cheap leather that feels like a card board and I know what you are saying about that kind. But try the soft leather that feels like butter and you might change your mind a bit.