Your opinion on Tall Girls wearing high heels?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by QueenPisces • Aug 19, 2012.

1. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a tall girl and have never worn Heels before, when I was younger it never was of interest to me, but now that I am older and a "girly girl," I do like heels and a lot of them are my style. Now I've seen some people in the past say tall girls shouldn't wear heels and others who say tall girls look great in heels, so what is your opinion?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I say, if you want to wear them, wear them! The only reason not to is because it makes you tower over other people and that might make you uncomfortable, but you're obviously attracted to the idea of wearing them, so why not? Might as well!

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Wearing heels can make you really look good for some reason. And it does give you more girly attitude. You don't need to mind those who would say anything about you being tall and still wear heels. Wear them if you want to, it's your style after all. :)

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I would say it is up to you. I don't think tall women look bad in heels, I don't wear them personally tho. I am 5'11" and the highest heel I have worn was about an inch. One thing to know tho is that heels do a number on your body and continuous use can cause severe feet, back and leg problems later on in life or so I have heard. Occasional use is not bad, but everyday use will put a toll on you.

But if you like them, I say go for it no matter how tall you are :) You are your own person and create your own style!

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I think the only person it matters to is the person wearing the heels. I think tall girls should wear heels if they want to, regardless of their height. My height is pretty average, but I still much prefer wearing flats just for the comfort level.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    The only people who would say that tall girls shouldn't wear high heels are jealous short girls and men with a masculinity complex. If you don't care what they think, go for it.

Sincerely,
    Jealous Short Girl

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I think tall girls in high heels look great. Short girls in high heels look great too. Go for it!! :)

8. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I was always the tallest girl in class. I like wearing heels. Many men I've dated have discouraged me to wear heels because it makes them uncomfortable. I go clubbing with heels and I sometimes look like a giant! I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing heels. No one should dictate whether it's okay to wear heels or not.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You should wear whatever you are comfortable with wearing. Tall, short, all in between should dress any way that they feel comfortable. But high heels looks good on anyone that wants to wear them. But I don't wear them because of all the things that happen to your feet later on in life. So, if that's what you like go for it.

10. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    If you feel that wearing heels is your thing, don't worry about what other people think. What matters is your comfortable on your own skin and with what you're wearing. Confidence and being comfortable with what you wear have a big impact if you can be beautiful wit an outfit.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mom is 5'11" and she loves heels. She looks really great in them too. I agree with Jessi, if you want to wear them, wear them! If a guy feels intimidated by you in heels, then he's not the one for you.

12. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    You should wear whatever makes you feel good. If you like heels, then by all means, wear them. I am also tall and I don't wear them, but it's because I can't walk in them. Just not coordinated enough, I guess. But I think that learning how to do this would be great. Think about it this way, many models are over 6' tall and wear heels. Good luck!

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    If you like wearing tall heals, go for it! I'm 5'7" and I wear 3-4" heals. Being tall is something to be proud of! If you wear heals with confidence, don't worry about looking awkward. It's all about confidence.

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    If a tall woman wants to wear heels then let her be. However, despite whatever height a lady is, why would anyone want to wear heels? They look quite uncomfortable and those who can't wear them properly seem absolutely ridiculous.

15. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with all of you, I think many heels are nice and the way you wear them is the most important. So, I think one day I will purchase a nice pair and wear them outside because I'm only young once and I don't want to grow old a long time from now and not be physically able to walk in certain shoes at all.

16. toughtrasher

toughtrasherNew Member

Threads:
    Great attitude you've got here. It will really help you out personality-wise and people will grow to love you.
    Anyone should be able to wear heels, tall girls short girls anyone. If that's what you want, and you truly believe you look good in them, go for it!
    Don't let criticism hurt you at all.

17. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I say wear what you like. I can't imagine that anyones opinion should matter in the least. I wear what I want on my feet even if its slippers when my feet hurt.

18. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Go for it; make those legs pop and get sexy. I prefer a tall girls in heels...and nothing else.

19. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I say fashion wise, it is up to you. Tall girls are outstanding, as I am one so I am biased. But the one thing I will say, for your back, it is better not to wear high heels, they throw your spinal alignment off. As you age there will be pain from the years of walking like that. I stopped wearing them for that reason. Research it to check it out. Stylish flats are much better.

20. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Im tall and will wear heels if the mood strikes. I used to be self conscious of my height so I married a 6'5" man so I could wear any shoes I wanted. Well and other reasons.

I actually think its hillarious when short girls wear super high heels to make them look taller. When 1/3 of your leg length is a shoe it just looks goofy.