Your Prefer Method Of Payment, Cash Or Card

Discussion in Personal Finance started by tonyb • Nov 5, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In most purchases I make offline whether in a small store or a big mall I chose paying for goods with cash. This is what I mostly do if I am out of cash I'll go to the nearest ATM to make withdrawal enough to purchase all the items I needed before I go into the mall. I find I'm not comfortable bringing out my card all the time to make purchases

2. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use cash as I incur less costs doing so. Also, I am more likely to negotiate a price using cash as opposed to a card where the values are set in stone. For trips and vacations though, I prefer to use a card because it's more convenient.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also for the cash payment when I make purchases. However, when I run out of cash, I have no choice but to use my credit card. The interest is 3% and it's no joke for big purchases that's why I am aware all the time. I only use the credit card when purchasing big items like appliances. However, we have a credit card specifically for gasoline which has smaller interest rate.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer cash transaction as then I have nothing much to worry about. I only use cards for huge amount and where I don't have cash in hand.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer cash over card payments. I like yourself will withdraw to have enough cash for my spending instead of paying with the card itself. This way I prevent any hidden fees my bank card providers might have added.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We are used to pay our purchases in cash basis for we have ever used before the electronic card. Now that I have a debit card, I may use it in an emergency case especially when I am running out of cash. In either case, cash and card have their advantages and disadvantage as far as buying or making purchases. Cash is generally used for not all stores or malls have the facility of accepting card, though it is too handy and easy.

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I use CC always when I buy grocery items, apparels, and foods at a restaurant because CCs earn points and I get back extra cashback unlike with just regular coins and papers. The best think about CCs or DCs in my case is that they are lightweight and theft proof. (CC=Credit card, DC=Debit cards).

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    When shopping at supermarkets, I prefer to use my credit card. Since I pay the bill in full each cycle, I don't get charged for interests but I earn reward points with each use so it's quite advantageous over cash. In addition, since I'm paying the exact bill amount though my card, I don't have to think about not getting the exact change as what usually happens when I'm paying in cash. Using my credit card also minimizes my trip to the ATM machine to withdraw cash. It can be costly to withdraw cash when the bank's ATM is offline as I would be charged for using another bank's ATM.

I also prefer to use my card when gassing up because the credit card company offers 3% rebate.

Some items, however, are cheaper when bought at night markets or the public market so I have no choice but to use cash when shopping at these places.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    One big advantage of shopping with cash over card is your card information are protected from the prying eyes of dubious characters, A case of credit card information theft is completed avoided when we use cash instead of card. Again some extra charges that may follow use of card especially cc are also avoided

10. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    I prefer cash, it'll help me spend less. Credit card may cause you in debt.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Card is the best option because you don't need to use money, it's more practical, it's faster and safer. For me, it's a must in any type of situation where I need to make some payment.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like paying with my debit card, for it helps me spend less and not get anything I don't need. Saving money and not having a big credit card debt is good in the long run. I just do without, save money, get things I need. In the long run you'll be saving money, having more room in your home and you have for your future not spending too much in the present.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone of the two is practically fine by me. It all depends on the means the seller wants to have his or her payments for the goods and services sold. If he prefers cash payment it's acceptable by me, if it's card payment through POS, I'm absolutely alright with it. I can even be willing to pay using online transactions or transfer if it's fine by the seller.

Although here in Nigeria, most people prefer to get their payment through cash because they most times don't trust digital money unless it's the one that they paid into their bank account by themselves.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly think it s better to use cash than a credit card. Using cash will already let you know how much money you have and in a way will help you limit how much you may want to spend. Having a credit will just mean you will have to pay it back later. Even using a debit card could be a bit risky, I've heard cases of cashier literally stealing information from them. Plus it is always good to have more money in than bank than your pockets.

15. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer to use cash payment. Whenever I'm out of cash, just like you said, I run to the nearest ATM to get some cash. There are always extra charges when I purchase items with my card and the charges always make my balance look awkward. Though in some cases online, I can't help it but pay with my card.

16. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I choose on the basis of availability. I make use of the card for the petrol or the fuel stuff. And also use the card in the hotel most of the time. I however don't make use of the card in local stores. I use cash because they kind of not interested in the use of the digital stuff. And for that reason I am limited with those set of options. I'd say that the preferred method of the cash can be different for each one of the store owners. So it's hard to use single method.

17. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Card is the best payment method for two reasons. Firstly, you do not need to go out with high amount of money, consequently you are more safe. Secondly, each time that you purchase something with card, you can earn point to get discounts in some products or change for airline tickets. It is important to say that it is necessary to buy several things using credit card.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like to carry a lot of cash round with me so I use my debit card for paying for goods most of the time. I once got a large amount of cash stolen from my bag so since then I make sure I only carry a little. It taught me to be more careful with my possessions and now I always have a bag that I can zip up so that nothing is on display.

19. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Why do you prefer to pay with debit card ? If it is possible to earn points with credit card. Please, I expect you do not think I am criticize you, I just want to understand you.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    @Vinicius Souza@Vinicius Souza I don't have a credit card as I prefer to pay for everything up front. I'm probably old fashioned but I've never owned one.