Your Preference?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Mar 29, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like crowds. Never did, won't ever. That's why I always avoid places where there'll be lots of people be it on the beach, streets, etc. In any case I've come to discover that almost everything tends to be cheaper in small towns. So I not only avoid crowds but also save money.

Question: do you like places where there are a lot of people or quieter places [with fewer people]?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work on the busiest street in London in one the department stores and that puts you off crowds for life. I don't mind them as long as I know where I need to go, but I hate browsing with a friend, so I prefer to go alone.

I like it busy and too not quiet, because small towns have less to choose from and fewer sales and I love sale shopping, though some smaller towns to have good sales. It's hit and miss, I found a smaller Old Navy and all the t-shirts were a dollar which was great value on sale. I also hate walking into a store and I am the only person, so I like it moderately busy.

3. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    It also depends for me. I like going to the emptier beaches when it's just Family Day or we just want to relax and chill out. But sometimes, if it's a holiday we'll go to a beach that's a little more crowded for the music and the party. But not too crowded because we have a toddler.

I love going to the park when it's empty so my king can run around. But, although I haven't been to one in years, I loved hanging out dancing at a packed club. So it all depends.

4. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I like a less busy place IF it still has what I need or is still fun. But sometimes, I go to a busier store just to avoid the excellent customer service of a place that is less busy. For example, HH Greg is almost always less busy than Best Buy but I never go to HH Greg because their sales people attach to you like leeches when you walk through the door and that makes me crazy. I like to support small businesses but sometimes small stores that are empty when you go in have that same problem and I immediately leave if that happens.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like places that are less busy so I go to stores and fast food places during their slowest times. For example ,my local Taco Bell is completely empty in the morning because the breakfast menu hasn't caught on here yet.

6. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up in a big city you'd think I'd prefer quiet areas but I actually dont. I prefer busy places to be honest, maybe it's because I'm just more used to them. Walking into a shop that's empty, I always feel like they're all watching you, well they probably are but I always find it a little awkward.

7. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I hate walking into a small local store an dhaving their employees follow you around. It's like geez if you dont trust me get a freaking security camera. Once they start doing that I purposely start walking all the aisles slow and then quick and just leave. I do prefer eating places when they're empty. I know I wont have a line to make if I need to go back for something or it'll be easier to get my waiter's attention. LOL

8. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. If am in a beach I prefer few people and quiet place but for city travels I love to see a multitude of people and enjoy their culture.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are times I like to be anonymous in a store and go in and get what I want without any fuss and there are times I like to browse and take my time.

The only thing I prefer not to have is crowds of screaming children, because you can't get around as easily and I have fallen over a few of them running around and you have to mind the buggies everywhere. If I see a mall full of buggies I am out of there.

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like quieter places with fewer people for sure. But I am a people watcher so I would say a quiet park bench overlooking a busy boardwalk would be my ideal of a place that is quiet and yet gives my eyes something to watch.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me crowds are not a huge concern, so long I can get what I'm looking for. However, I do have times when I really couldn't be bothered navigating the huge amount of bodies to get from point A to B. So I'd say it mainly depends on my mood and how much time I have on my hands. I enjoy both situations, but I know my husband like you, hates crowded malls.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on my mood, really! I sometimes just want peace and quiet and like calm beaches or mountain places where you can just relax. But sometimes I am in the mood to go to places like Los Angeles and see people, go to cool and hip places and have more fun.
    Right now I would enjoy a calm and quiet trip with my boyfriend!