Your Preferred Smartphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by kingusama92 • Apr 29, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    What is your preferred smartphone?

There are many iPhone fans and then there are many Blackberry fans. That's all fine and dandy, but there are many other great options.

Just to list a few...

* Galaxy Nexus from Samsung
    * HTC One X
    * HTC Titan II
    * Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx

Plus, there are many, many more.

Are you a fan of the major smartphones or one of these lesser known ones?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I am just a huge fan of the Nokia smartphone. They brought out some of the first ones, that set the trend in so many ways. I simply love Nokia because of its simplicity. Very easy to use and just a classy phone. I was given a blackberry, but just could not enjoy it. An I-phone seems cool...my brother has one, but I just cannot give up my Nokia smartphone.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The Samsung Galaxy models are pretty good, a couple of friends own different versions and they have great processors and screens. I like Motorolas too, the Defy, Defy+, Axtrix and other similar Android versions. I own the Defy (the one that's water resistant) and it's absolutely amazing, it has an amazing screen and it's the perfect size to either carry it in your pocket or to watch movies on it too.

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Although I have an iPhone, I have been eying the Galaxy S II for quite some time now. I have held it in my hands and I have to say it one nice piece of technology. The screen looks crisp, camera is even better and the fact that it runs on Android is just icing on the cake. Everything you can expect from Samsung. I though of getting it but I might as well wait for the S III as Samsung is announcing it soon.

5. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    As for myself, currently i'm using Sony Ericsson X10i,a very good phone, using it for about 15 months by now, first comes with 1.6 doughnut, then tasted 2.1 eclair and on 2.3.3 gingerbread(rooted) now...perhaps the only phone in the world get to taste 3 different OS upgrade.

6. alexis712

alexis712New Member

Threads:
    I love my Samsung Galaxy Note. It's almost a tablet/smartphone hybrid. Comes with a stylus which you could use to play Draw Something like a boss. The only thing I don't like about it is its size- it feels so awkward when you're answering calls. Anyway, it's a great smartphone overall. Samsung makes the best Android phones in the market today.

7. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    My first smart phone was the LG Optimus S. I thought it was pretty amazing until I bought my iPhone around a week ago. Now I'm clueless as to how I lived without it...LOL.

8. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I have a BB and an iPhone, I love the new iPhone and the apps I use, I look at it as a computer. Very advance in that regard.

But...the tried and true Blackberry...well in my opinion, it just can't be beat for email and the phone. It just rocks the house in that department.

9. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I am saving up for the samsung galaxy s3, hopefully it does comeout soon. In regards to the smartphone category any android phone will do for me. THe droid does meet my customization needs and everything else is done in a lovely fashion.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have an iPhone however I have heard nothing but great reviews for the Samsung galaxy. It seems to give the iPhone a run for its money when it comes to the OS and the camera specs. I wouldn't change my iPhone but for those considering adapting to the smart phone era, Samsung is definitely a top competitor.

11. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    It doesn't matter what kind of smartphone as long as it's with Android system and as long as I like the way it looks like.
    It all depends on the way you'd like to use it. If you mostly text and call, you don't need ANYTHING, actually. Most of the people don't need those high-level smartphones because they wouldn't use their powers. It's like having a bicycle and only use a bell to call the family for dinner;)

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Do you mean to tell me BB phones are better than iPhones? :O

13. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of the Samsung Galaxy series. I'm waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S III. It's going to be a powerful and beautiful phone. Although it's rumored, I know more than likely it's actually going to be released at the end of the year because I doubt there will be an iPhone 5 anytime soon as Apple still seems to be trying to push out the iPhone 4s.

14. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    galaxy s3,need i say more?

15. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Hi kingusama92,

My preferred smart phone, as of right now, is the HTC Evo 4G. I've wanted this phone since it was released and I finally purchased it about 2 years ago. It has been everything I've needed in a phone and I've never had a problem with it until recently. My notification pane will not pull down anymore and I could send it to HTC and have them repair it but that means I'll be out of a phone until I get it back and I'm just too lazy to do that (hey, the first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists LoL). I have to tap the menu button and then tap on 'notifications' for it to come down. When I'm playing games, if it requires me to tap in the area where the notification pane would be, it doesn't recognize my tap. I'm assuming it's an electrical issue. I've never dropped it in water or dropped it to the point of it malfunctioning so, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Other than that, everything still works perfectly fine on it. The camera is the best I've seen on any phone (8 mega-pixels) and the camcorder is also pretty decent. I lost my account with Sprint and decided to unlock and root it so I can flash it to MetroPCS and it WORKED! Now, I have my phone with all of its capabilities (talk, text, data, and mms) while only having to pay $34.36 per month instead of $125 on Sprint!! How's THAT for savings! :)

I plan to upgrade at some point but I'm waiting for a phone that, I feel, supersedes the one I currently have and, preferably, one that is unlocked or one that I can unlock myself to put on MetroPCS. I'm done with contracts because they charge entirely too much for service and I'm unemployed. I am a techy nerd (I have a degree in Website Administration) and I love to learn. I learned to unlock and root the phone myself which was quite fun. But, I digress. I have yet to find a phone that meets my standards so, until I do, I won't try to fix something that isn't broken.

16. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I've been looking into the possibility of purchasing myself a new smartphone ever since I broke my iPhone about a year ago, however, I've just never decided what would be the best option for me. I'm thinking I'll probably go with something like a Blackberry, since they seem to last a lot longer and probably don't break as easily as my iPhone did.

17. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    The only smartphone I've ever used was an iPhone 4 that I still have with me right now, since I got it last November/December. I like it, though, and when the new iPhone comes out I might get that rather than switch to an Android or something.

18. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    At this point, it's more what phone system than phone. iOs, BlackBerry or Android.

I went and will be staying with Android. The opportunities for choice is way too wide open for me to close myself back in with BlackBerry and I never wanted an iPhone. I have more carriers and phone manufacturers that I can pick and choose from with Android. I also enjoy most of my apps and though they may have equivalents on iOS, it would still be a matter of locking into Apple.

19. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I'm a fan of my smartphone,Samsung Vibrant. I purchased it on Ebay, perfect condition, unlocked and loads of accersories for about 150$ after shipping charges. I coudln't pass up that deal, especially when it was a phone I'd been wanting since it was released. I'm not a big fan of other smartphones, I don't know why either. They all basically do the same thing/work the same way. I just like mine.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always owned Sony Ericsson smartphones, because I noticed that they take better pictures and have better sound quality than the other phones out there. I'm not really a fan of touch screen phones because it's hard to text without a keypad.