Your Thanksgiving Menu

Discussion in Food & Drink started by prose • Nov 11, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    With Thanksgiving just two weeks away, I have been formulating our Thanksgiving menu for when everyone comes over to visit. I plan to cook almost everything homemade, including a roast turkey, mashed potatoes from scratch, barbecue baked beans in the slow cooker from scratch, stuffing, and a vegetable tray or tossed salad. I usually also have out pickles and olives and some kind of dessert. What is on your menu for Thanksgiving? Will you be cooking at home, eating out, or having help from others?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    We are getting packed up to move after the holidays and so dinner will not be at our house this year. We normally have everyone over to our house, but this year it is going to be done at my mother in laws. I am actually going to make chocolate covered pumpkin pie slices on a stick for dessert this year and I am excited to get started on making them. I am even going to buy piping frosting and stuff so I can decorate them.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't decided yet if I'm going to cook a whole turkey or just a turkey breast. Whichever way I go, turkey will be on the menu. I usually cook it the day before. I also cook many of the sides ahead of time, because I like to spend time out in nature on the actual day, walking on the trails or beach, and taking photos. Most people are not doing that, so I'm usually able to get a better parking spot, and get closer to the deer and other wildlife. I get together with friends later that evening, and that's when we eat the actual meal, watch movies, and just hang out and relax.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I think we are going to try a Thanksgiving ham this year at the mother in laws house. We are all still kind of sick of turkey from last year and it is time to change it up a bit. I am in charge of coming up with a side dish or two and have no clue what I am going to make yet.