Your Thoughts On Blackberry

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • May 3, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've recently been reminded of Blackberry phones and they seem to be very well built, and from what I gather, some of their phones even have become fairly cheaper, and it's why I'm now considering it as an option for my next phone. However, I have the same worries for it as my first choice - Nokia, which is that they may lack a lot of apps, and if I had to pick between the two, I'd guess that Windows probably has more apps available to it than BB.

Are there any Blackberry users here? Care to share your thoughts on the disadvantages and advantages of using one? I'm strongly considering this because I'm not a big fan of Android and iPhones.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what your ultimate aim is. If you really want to have a phone that is more to do with the social aspect of life, then i would say that getting a android type phone will give you what you want. But if you are looking for a great communication device, but also at the same time need something to help you organize your life then i would say that you should go ahead and get yourself a blackberry.

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Blackberries practically lost the market after they went bankrupt ages ago. When they came back they had some good ideas, but in my opinion Android and iOS were already dominating the market, leaving no room for a third. I've never seen anyone using a post-bankruptcy Blackberry (but some of the older models are hanging around). Blackberries are in general, pretty sturdy though.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    If you are to buy the Blackberry as a secondary phone, then it is still a good choice, with its sturdy QWERTY keypad and solid build. Go for the Q10, Q5, or Bold series if budget is an issue. I am partial to the touch and type phones because of the physical keypads. Again, I would recommend BBs as a secondary phone, such as those you can just slide in your pocket for heavy duty purposes. For browsing and social functions, the bigger screened Android phones are far better, but you have to take good care of the glass screen - something you don't have to worry about with BlackBerries.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I loved my Blackberry, they're pretty sturdy and reliable. Although BB today's is losing the battle, especially now that the phone market is overrun by cheap Android devices. Although I love my BB, eventually I had to switch to an Android phone, the BB OS isn't really holding up against Android and IOS, but I would love to see BB make a comeback.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yeah, I think you're it. It's the same problem I have with Windows too and it's a huge part of the reason of why I am hesitant to buy a Nokia even if it's my favorite phone design. I'd hate to get a smartphone only to realize that I have limits as to what I could do with it. I saw some reviews on how it can be great for work, but the differences are very minor I think and not at all worth the sacrifice of having less app availability.