Your Thoughts on Cross-dressing?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Aug 15, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't care if people cross dress. They are just expressing themselves and not harming anyone. I think that there are more important things in this world to be outraged about then clothing choices. Not all men who cross dress are gay or gender confused. It's trendy for male Japanese rock stars to wear makeup and feminine clothing and many of them are married and have kids.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't personally do it and I think it's a bit odd. But if someone wants to do that in their own personal life, be my guest. I'm not a very judgemental person so if something that doesn't effect me I don't usually let it concern or bother me. Different strokes for different folks.

3. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    I think everyone should feel free to wear whatever they want. Even though there are masculine and feminine styles of dress here in the Western world, I do not think there is really such a thing as "men's clothes" and "women's clothes". I buy a lot of "men's" clothes and products because I have judged them to be superior to the "women's" version, or I just like the style better. It really bothers me when people stay stuff like "But those are MEN'S shoes," to a woman, or vice versa. Especially when the item looks as gender neutral as it gets, looks the same regardless of who wears it, and is only labeled "men's" because the manufacturer said so. It just goes to show you how brainwashed people are by marketing and gender roles. I also really hate it when people impose this stuff on children. Like "boys can't wear pink", that's ridiculous! Colors are just colors. In fact, 80 years ago the colors were switched. Blue was for baby girls and pink was for baby boys. Now it's the opposite and the "girls" aisle of any kids store is easily identified by everything being drenched in pink and purple for no reason. And people flip out if a boy wants to own a pink thing. It's so silly and makes me so mad.

4. Jim2

Jim2New Member

Threads:
    > I think if I saw a man just casually was walking down the street in a skirt headed off to work or something that would look really odd and he would be for sure ridiculed.

And hopefully you and others would speak up against the ridicule.

5. Jim2

Jim2New Member

Threads:
    I'm fine with your point of view, however, I would point out that for some people clothes are mainly about covering one's body in the most physically comfortable way possible, and not so much about projecting something to other people.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see anything wrong with it, it's not hurting anyone else, and the idea that certain clothes or toys or colours or activities *have* to be gender specific is a little silly to me. Clothing is more an expression of style and sometimes creativity than gender anyway, and even gender issues are very complex and different from person to person. I don't have a problem with it. Some men even look good in a skirt or kilt ;).

7. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I believe people tend to find what fits them. If it is cross dressing then it's cross dressing. I say "do you!" If it makes you feel good about yourself, who am I to judge you for that. Living in Vegas I have seen some different things but I guess that's what keeps life so interesting because although we are all different in our own ways, we all seek the same things, love, safety, and acceptance.

8. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge believer that people have a right to do and wear whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone else. In this regard I feel that people who cross-dress shouldn't be treated any differently just because of the way they dress. I'm glad that society as a whole is slowly starting to be more accepting, so it's likely not as big of a problem as it once was.