Your Thoughts On Ibotta....good, Bad, Ok?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by azeemah kaleem • May 15, 2015.

1. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I just came across the Ibotta app for purchasing items from grocery stores, apparel shops, electronic store etc... I did some research and found some people to really like it and recommend it. Furthermore, they state they have received cash back from items they bought. However, I find it to be limited with stores and items to buy from. I also came across another app called Check 51, which accept any store you choose to shop (online as well). The same method apply with Check 51 with uploading a receipt. The nice part is you have the chose of using it on mobile or a computer. My friend just started using Check 51 and loving it so far. What has been your experience with the Ibotta app or even Check 51?, Are the apps really worth it?

#1May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    iBotta is way better than Check51 as far as I'm concerned. It's a nice way to make a few extra bucks and get some groceries, especially if you already were planning on purchasing the items where rebates are available. It's not that hard to reach the $10 threshold for payout. I'd have to recommend the app more than I'd say to stay away. I've never had problems.

3. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I just found a third app on another website called Receipt Hog, and decided to use it last night. It also accepts any store you shop at and gives you cash when reach the $20.00 limit. I just started using the app so I will see how it works out. The link is posted below.

Everybody keep telling me that but I have not been able to shop at the stores on their list yet.

#3May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
  4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    My review for both Ibotta and Checkout51 is bad. I would say stay away and save your money, as these apps really did not save me anything as I found I would have to buy things I otherwise would not have bought in order to make payout by the end of the year. I try to avoid all packaged, processed food, or avoid it as much as is humanly possible for me. Both these apps offer savings on almost all processed foods. Checkout51 usually has only 25cents per week available for a produce offer, everything else is junk food in my opinion. Ibotta sometimes has 25cents off a gallon of milk and maybe one produce offer of about the same amount. At this rate it will take 40 weeks to make payout at Checkout51 and 15-20 weeks on Ibotta. I admit that seeing all those ads all the time is really tempting, so I decided to quit these apps because ultimately, they were pushing me to make unhealthy, money wasting decisions, because even with the discount, the packaged food costs more per calorie than the bulk grains and beans I would have been buying otherwise.

5. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    Ibotta is one of my favorite apps to use! Being a couponer, I tend to shop often and at a number of different stores. The items I buy vary so I often find the item I bought on Ibotta to give me cash back. New rebates are constantly being added to the stores. I have cashed out once already from them and it was very fast and easy. I think this app is very useful if you like to shop often.

6. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Ibotta app after every grocery store trip. I generally do not plan my shopping trip aroubd what rebates are available, I only use it for items I would have purchased anyways. Usually I acquire at least one or two rebates from the items I have purchased. While most of the $1+ rebates are for specific brand items, like Quaker granola bars for example, Ibotta does offer .20 cent rebates on generic essentials. I have used the generic rebates which can be used on any brand for items like milk, bread, shredded cheese, produce items, hot dog buns, ranch dressing, and barbecue sauce. While it is not a significant savings, I still find using Ibotta worth the minimal effort to receive money back on groceries that I was planning to purchase anyways.

In order to obtain the rebates through the app, you usually have to watch a short video clip. Then, you scan the barcode of the rebate items and take a photo of your receipt through the app. Rebate money is added to your account the same day.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Ibotta is better than Checkout 51 but I use that one too. Every once in a while it will have things on there that I will buy. I think you should try them out and see if they will work for you. Ibotta has any brand rebates and that's good on things like milk eggs bread and some other items that are popular purchases. I figure any little bit helps these days. You might want to check out Find & Save. It is like Ebates for your phone.