Your thoughts on men who wear necklaces?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jun 11, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course you're right there, @DreekLass, people should be able to wear what they want, whether it's men or women. I wouldn't judge any man for wearing a chain of some sort, as long as it wasn't OTT or feminine looking. However, it really is a bit of a turn off for me LOL I've seen men who wear subtle ones, and I've seen those who wear those horrible ganster type ones, and both just don't appeal to me at all. Put it this way, I probably wouldn't date someone who wore a chain LOL

2. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind if a man wears a necklace. Jewelry isn't just for women and many men love jewelry/ chains too.

3. Lushlala

Threads:
    thanks for sharing that website. The pieces they makes are really nice. Looking at the site got me to thinking I may have spoken too soon LOL I don't know if you'd class as them necklaces, but I do love dog tags on a man! I think it's such a hot look. I also like those funky pieces that you'll often see on surfer types. IDK when I first responded to this thread, I was thinking girly type necklaces or those heavy gangster type neck pieces hehe Those I certainly don't like!

#43Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that jewelry is fine for men or women, and I like it except when it is overdone on either a woman or a man.
    You see women mostly, with rings on all their fingers, and necklaces and earrings, and they are overwhelming the natural look of the woman.
    I sold a minivan once to a guy who said he was a pastor of a church (which I doubted strongly), and that man had more gold strung around his neck than Mr. T used to have on the A-Team ! !
    Lots of jewelry, and a really POOR impression.

I think that a gold chain on the neck looks nice on a man, especially when he is dressed to look nice and the gold accentuates the look.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not fond of men who wear chunky gold or silver necklaces. I find it too flashy. But to each their own. Men who wear statement necklaces or dog tag necklaces look more decent and, depending on the wearer, cooler. It's not exactly a waste if they can afford the price. But not wearing one is just as okay too.

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh @Happyflowerlady.....I've seen both men and women who wear cheap rings across all their fingers, and I wonder what that's about??? It's a real bug bear of mine, especially if it's cheap, gold rings, and I always find it so very tacky. I like those fashion rings that are a matching set designed to be worn on a few fingers, usually also layered. BUT you just have to get the look right, because otherwise you can come across as a thug LOL

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    My husband doesn't wear necklace. Or bracelets for that matter, except for this beaded one which he wears rarely. As for me, I don't have complaints for men who wear jewelries since it's their live anyway. But I would much prefer it if it's done tastefully and simply.

You know, at least think about what jewelries and clothes you're wearing and match them. If you're going to layer them, then try to find compatible ones and don't just match hastily. Again, it's not my place, just a few suggestions for them though they can do it however they like. Haha.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't see it been a problem for men to be wearing necklaces. This has been the norm since the beginning of time. Some people seem to have a problem with some men wearing these huge chains sometimes with some enormous pendants. I don't wear necklaces, however, I am not bothered by those who wear any type they chose to.

9. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    To each their own. I personally don't really care for them but it's not a deal breaker, unless it's a large chain.

10. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I suppose it's the kind of necklaces that men wear nowadays. The ones that I normally see are dog tags and crucifixes, sometimes logos on plastic pendants sold on the streets. I don't like thick gold necklaces and those ridiculous ones with a single letter with bling all over that hip hop artists normally wear. I think it's how a necklace would suit that person. Sometimes it doesn't do anything for their image either.

11. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I think this depends on the kind of necklace the man is wearing. There are some that look very nice on men, and there are some that just look overly feminine. My husband never wears necklaces, but if he had one he liked I am sure it would look fine.

12. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Some necklaces look quite cool in both genders. Doesn't matter really as long as you have a good taste for it, some people wear weird stuff around their necks that doesn't even look comfortable. Like those spiked dog collars, or neck belts. Fashion sense wildly varies among individuals.

13. KillerFrost22

KillerFrost22New Member

Threads:
    As long they look attractive and nice it doesn't matter.

14. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The men I've been around for the most part only wear jewelry associated with a relationship, such as a wedding band, or religion, such as a cross, crucifix, or saint's medal. I don't have a problem with men wearing jewelry per se, but I wouldn't want a guy I was with wearing anything that looked too feminine to me, because that would be a turn off.

A friend and I usually watch shows like The Bachelor together, and we've had some fun watching how this group of guys on Bachelorette seem to have bonded over wearing these necklaces. We wondered if they actually made them themselves in a class of sorts on the show, while they were waiting around for Jo Jo to pick them for a date, or if the show is marketing them for a particular designer, since they all look very similar. I found this article that explains it, in case anyone's interested.

15. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Jewelry can have such an emotional value to it. So if you see a man wearing a necklace it might be that he doe not liek to wear necklaces but that his grandmother gave it to him as a present and due to that connection he wants to wear it. Then you have some younger men- depending on their music taste or religious affiliation- who might be more into necklaces.

I personally do not find men wearing necklaces that attractive. To me a man should be attractive without the necklace.
    My jewelry box is full of necklaces but I hardly wear them. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring and that's it.
    It makes my life easier. My husband doe snot wear any jewelry and that is perfectly fine.

16. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I like necklaces and I don't like necklaces. Really depends. I don't get why so many people have an opinion on neckwear...whatever I guess? Seems peculiar to me.

17. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I grew up with brothers and a father that did not wear jewelry. I am not a fan of a man wearing anything other than a wedding ring. Call it old school but that is what I am comfortable with.

18. sarah macadams

sarah macadamsNew Member

Threads:
    This 2.2MM- 14MM 14K SOLID

WOMEN/ MEN'S 8"-30 is for sale in only 88$ despite of that it looks so great on Men even you don't like it still its not waste of money

Attached Files:

19. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    It depends on the man and the jewelry. It's important to consider if the guy is built like a bear, an athlete, or skinny as a pole. His jewelry needs to reflect that and compliment his body and fashion sense. I saw this one guy who would disappear behind a light pole who was wearing a thick gold chain with a heavy pedant on it. Instead of being impressed by his wealth, I was just imagining how much his chiropractor makes if the rest of his jewelry is that heavy. On the reverse, guys with thicker squared features have a harder time pulling off smaller jewelry. But ultimately, it has to do to some degree with his personality. If he's confident, the jewelry is fine. But if he's awkward, even in the fashionable jewelry, it doesn't work. Though, when it's done well, I like guys with jewelry.

20. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    I like guys who wear necklaces. In Celtic culture, men wore gold necklaces called torcs as symbols of kingship, and many cultures have similar traditions. I like seeing men wearing crystals on a cord, or stones or animal teeth and claws. A lot of men wear religious symbols, and there are some very nice cross, Star of David, or pentagram necklaces out there. And if men want to wear jeweled ones, awesome.