Your thoughts on men who wear necklaces?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jun 11, 2014.

1. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    To each their own, it's not for me to judge. I think it can be done well and I think they can go overboard with it, just like girls do (a lot).

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I reached a stage where I began experimenting with jewellery but over time, I expanded my research and learning to new horizons especially on spiritual matters with a Christian perspective. What I know today ( I am not sure whether I can share it in this platform) has discouraged me from embracing any form of jewellery whatsoever.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Personally I don't like men wearing any kind of jewelry. Some men wear ear rings and bangles too, and I don't like it.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I would only wear a necklace if it's sentimental. I wouldn't purchase an expensive necklace unless it's a nice keepsake or if it means something other than just a nice piece of jewelry. I also wouldn't wear gold or silver necklaces but more like a chain that has a nice pendant.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    5 Years ago, I like to wear necklaces. Why? Because I feel like it looks good on my and people around me tell me so. With some guys just like me, wearing a necklace increases your self esteem and makes you look good to some people until I've met the mom of my girlfriend. :)

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind guys wearing necklaces as long as they don't look too feminine and are not so huge like statement necklaces. I think theirs should be sort of like a chain and with not so much detail. I dislike the gang looking necklaces the most.

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't mind it if men wear necklaces, it just depends on what type of necklace it is and if it suits them or not. Heavy gold or silver chains can suit some men, while it makes others look like 'medallion men' and people treat them as a joke.

8. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear necklaces but I have no problem with men who wear necklaces. I just find jewellery too expensive and am not a fan of accessories. I still adore men who have them since it shows uniqueness, identity and sense of style but am fine without them.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well you would probably assume that it is someone who likes to flaunt or show their wealth, if it is something of value. If it is just a cheap thing, then I would not really bother worrying about those people.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Fashionable men and women get no problem as far as modelling for apparel, clothes, fad dresses, or whatever. Besides, necklaces are not only for the women to wear, men do also wear that. I am a man, a married man and I like to wear necklace. I am not only look fashionable but I feel I am a real man. I take pride of wearing it especially if the pendant is my favorite stone, design. I love looking at men who wear necklace.

11. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It's a non-issue for me. I wear a necklace when I feel like it. The type usually depends on my attire and the occasion. I guess men have different reasons for wearing them, too. Whether they want to flaunt their wealth, be fashionable, or are simply dressing to impress, that's their business. I'm sure that like many ladies, these men think of jewelries as a fashion item and investment at the same time. My own gold jewelries had certainly appreciated over the years.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, pretty much as you say @Jamille@Jamille, I am no one to comment what one wears or not. I personally don't wear necklaces, rings, watches or anything else, it's just not my style, I don't like to feel stuff hanging in me, but I see as normal if someone likes and feels comfortable, that is why we are all different.

13. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I guess it depends on the looks and if the jewelries looks good on them. I've seen men who wear necklaces and earrings and they look totally sexy :D Well there are also some who wear them just fine. I have no objections to men who wear jewelries as I believe that jewelries can be worn by anyone and not just women :)

14. Corey Robertson

Corey RobertsonNew Member

Threads:
    It seems here that the discussion is a bit off topic. The question wasn't do guys look good wearing tacky chains?

The answer is of course not. No one does. If you rephrase the question to be "Do guys look good when wearing a nice/expensive looking gold necklace that's very tasteful? If the wearer isn't all furry with his shirt open to the waste?

The answer then would be a resounding YES.

I'm a 21 year old guy and I've been wearing a thin, 2.5 mm 20" wheat chain for over a year. It's not that it's gotten a lot of attention, it's just that I like the girls (and guys) who like it.

15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of necklaces I am not sure I'll wear one even if it was offered free. I see necklace wearing as act meant for women for beauty and make them look more attractive. I do not think men should concern themselves with such sort of beauty stuffs hung around the neck. It doesn't look that a masculine thing in my view. I like necklaces on women in fact this make them look more attractive.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Rappers love to wear bling necklaces, and it's a part of their culture to do so, so I think that's acceptable, no matter how bulky and unsightly it may look. For the regular guy, a chain necklace or dog tag looks quite manly on them, especially if they're buff and muscular to begin with.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see any problem in this (after all, we live in a world where diversity exists and needs to be respected as such as any other group). If the person in question has the money needed to buy the necklace and feels good wearing it, what do we have to do with it? :)

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I use to wear a Saint Christopher medal when I was in high school back in the late 70's and it depicts the saint carrying the Christ child across turbulent waters with the words "Saint Christopher Protect Us". I think people may wear these necklaces because they bring meaning to their lives,also it would help them with good luck and good fortune while traveling.

19. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    This makes me smile because when I was young we used to have 'medallion men' who would wear a big medallion on a long chain round their neck, usually in gold with their shirts open to the waist! They would be laughed at now but it was very fashonable at the time.

I think it's ok for men to wear a small gold or silver chain with a st christopher but the medallion man days have long gone!

20. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    It is okay for men to wear necklaces. There are those that are made specifically for men. One can identify them fast in a shop. Reasons for wearing them are many. It could be it is a gift from someone. I personally wear a necklace that a friend gifted me on my birthday. Others signify special bonds. I have seen a male friend wear a necklace that had a shape of a key. He told me that his girlfriend had one that had a shape of a padlock. It symbolises their union.