Your Thoughts On The New Robocop Movie

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Oct 18, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    [video=youtube;x4ukwHdACDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ukwHdACDw[/video]

I know it's hardly fair to judge a movie by the trailer alone, but I think they show enough aspects of the new one to have a good idea of how this one will be different from the original, so I thought I'd hear some of our members' initial reactions.

I personally hate the Batman look of the suit, I didn't even like it on Batman. That, and obviously it doesn't seem like it has as much "love" put into it as the original. Nonetheless, I'm curious to see it, but as of now the trailer hasn't really made me feel like I absolutely have to go out of my way to see it in theaters. I'll probably just wait for people to chime in and decide from there, otherwise, I'll wait for the disc release.

What do you think of the new Robocop, and do you plan on seeing it in theaters?

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I think that Robocop is a great franchise to be revived, however I absolutely dislike the fact that they changed the iconic suit.
    It will probably be a great movie as Robocop's story is a great one but the new suit bothers me.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Michael Keaton?? I had no interest in even seeing the trailer, but now I might see the movie.. where's he been??

As for the movie, I don't know. for the newer generations, it might work, but this isn't familiar enough for me to connect it. Does this one have his memories and feelings from the get go? And the suit is too tweaked, I agree. Good cast though, I'm going..

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched the Robocop films when I was a kid so my vision and opinion of it is extremely clouded. I loved everything about the movie -the acting, the story, the combat... I also highly loved the Armor. It looked so real. The new look? Um, I think it just looks like cyclops in a bullet proof vest. What's up with that?

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Same here. I might even be more disheartened about the suit than I would if they missed the mark on the plot, which I expect. I would have forgiven them for a bad storyline, as most movies now are standardized and sanitized anyway, but that suit...

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the original movie was nothing that a bad idea so bad that it managed to be good. It's a cop that gets killed and gets turned into a robot, in which it's name gets to be robocop, not much creativity in there. So if you expect more than a action blockbuster, you will get disappointed. That aside, i think it has potential, let just see how they will handle it.

7. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the original movie, but this one does seem like it will be good. I don't like how they changed the suit in this movie, but I know they had to make lots of changes to this when they decided to remake the movie. I hope that this turns out to be better than the first one, but I am still going to remain a fan of the first movie. I will watch this one with an open mind, but I will still be comparing movies when I go see this new version.